Framus Cobra settings

Sly

Feb 8, 2006
Grenoble, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
One guitarist of my band is getting a Framus Cobra amp and is waiting to receive it. He uses a Gibson SG Standard with the passive Gibson pickups. He has a Maxon tubescreamer too.
Any idea of good settings to begin with for big rythm parts ? This would help a bit.

Not a very common amp around here, I'm afraid.

But James Murphy got some awesome tones out of it. (Mostly blended though) Maybe he could give you some hints?

TS/OD:

Gain: 0
Level: 6
Tone: 4

Cobra:

I use only crunch channel

Gain: 6
Presence: 4
Level: 8

Bass: 4
Mid: 7
Hi: 4

It depends on your guitar, my ec-1000 isn't a bassy guitar. If you have a guitar that has more bass, then reduce the bass on preamp to 3

Fx-Mix: 5 (quite important)
Deep: 3

I'll just say right off the bat that I've never liked that amp any time I've played it, nor have I heard any clips that I liked, it's just so fizzy and upper-mid focused. Works well as a blend amp, I guess, but eh...

And the point of this post is to just let you know that if you find yourself getting frustrated trying to get it to sound good, you're not alone!

I'll just say right off the bat that I've never liked that amp any time I've played it, nor have I heard any clips that I liked, it's just so fizzy and upper-mid focused. Works well as a blend amp, I guess, but eh...

And the point of this post is to just let you know that if you find yourself getting frustrated trying to get it to sound good, you're not alone!

It's not really fizzy with the right settings.

Anywho, we used to have two 5150's in my band which led to some problems in overall clarity, now that it's a 5150 + Cobra, it's quite perfect, you could say the Cobra is a perfect blend for the 5150, or the 5150 is a perfectl blend for the cobra :loco:

Well admittedly I never tried the Crunch channel all the times I experimented with it, but I tweaked the holy hell out of the Lead channel to no avail! :erk:

Well admittedly I never tried the Crunch channel all the times I experimented with it, but I tweaked the holy hell out of the Lead channel to no avail! :erk:

Well, The lead chanel is for leads only i would say, it's more smooth, a lot more compressed and doesn't work too good for rythms.

The crunch channel is where the cobra magic is at.

The Cobra sounds pretty amazing on the Parkway Drive album. I guess being Adam D. helps a bit, haha.