Frank Banx has left Angel Dust!

Fangface

Child of the Damned
Jan 25, 2002
France
www.fangface.com
Read for yourself, he also talks about reissues of the first albums :

Former ANGEL DUST bassist Frank Banx contacted BW&BK with the following message:

“I would like to let you know, that I officially left the band on Friday, October 24th. this year. Because of unbridgeable personal differences with singer Dirk Thurisch, I've seen no other choice but to leave the band. Also, many so called "fans" in Germany are attacking me because of this decision in a very unkind verbal way in our guest book, what just underlines what I already posted in our guest book in July last year. I will play no more shows in Germany, until... (???) What so ever.

I will soon found my own record company, Frank Banx Enterprises, and I'm looking for a distributing partner for Canada and the USA to re-release Into The Dark Past from 1986 including unreleased bonus tracks from our 1985 demo Marching For Revenge, plus lyrics and more pictures, etc., and my future outputs and a.s.a.p. '88s To Dust You Will Decay with unreleased live video tracks from 1988 - 2002.

Also, if I get my visa, what I badly hope, I will found both, the company and my new band in America. So, I'm also looking for highly ambitioned musicians from wherever they like to come to Indianapolis then.

All right people, that's what I wanted to say. I hope to meet all you people very soon on the road (again...).

Sincerely yours, Frank Banx, musician.”

Does it mean that Dirk is back in the band???

What band?? Flo, right now I wouldn't put too much hope into anything regarding AD. Banx also again posted some messages in the guestbook...and oh my....I don't feel like commenting his way of speaking out. I wouldn't be surprised if he changed his mind again in the future.....whatever his ideas will be then. Fans really should not expect anything right now, that's my advice.

I guess you're right Gauny, Angel Dust is somewhat... dead :erk:

Anyway I still hope Dirk and the other guys will found another musical project if they can't continue under the Angel Dust moniker.

well it seems that the band is not dead yet! ;)

German power metallers ANGEL DUST have vowed to carry on with a new bassist following their acrimonious split with Frank Banx late last month. The group will commence the songwriting process for a new album in January, with a tentative summer 2004 release date planned.

Writing to the band's official guestbook on October 29, Banx said, "I herewith declare that there will be no more ANGEL DUST albums in future, no more shows in future or any other kind of official appearance of [ANGEL DUST singer] Dirk Thurisch and me together because of [irreconcilable] personal and musical differences. I will release no pop music!! For details, please [refer to] my statement from late July last year.

"Those who believe that I destroyed ANGEL DUST should know that I left the band [of my own accord]. You can keep your ANGEL DUST. I will keep mine in memory."

Actually it sis, but my part is very busy these days...

My dept. at work is moving to CZ and I have to work in a new one soon, on shift. :/

Anyway, I can be happy to have a job until April... hopefully longer...

About new release, well, don't expevt one too soon or anything else to soon...

Fangface said:
but hey, are the regulars of this board still around?
hm, you know that I'm always around somewhere on UM ;) So is Josh - he already was a regular back in the days of the bravenet forum (at least I believe it was bravenet)
As for John and Paddy, they both are not posting here anymore, I think our crazy Finn drops in once in a while to read but he has not been busy posting on UM over the last months as well :(

Well, this news just made my evening. Unless Banx was the main songwriter, this really should be no biggie. Dirk's voice was my favorite thing about Angel Dust. And if he is indeed still with the band, then a bass player can easily be replaced. BRING ON THE NEW ALBUM!! :)

Banx has joined a new band :

Former ANGEL DUST bassist Frank Banx has joined Indianapolis-based metallers COUNTER CLOCKWISE. The band are currently working on their debut album, tentatively due in the spring. Download the group's early-2003 three-song demo in MP3 format:

01. Do You Believe (mp3)
02. No More Faith (mp3)
03. Taste the Darkness (mp3)

As previously reported, ANGEL DUST have vowed to carry on with a new bassist following their acrimonious split with Banx in late October. The group will commence the songwriting process for a new album in January, with a tentative summer 2004 release date planned.