Frankie: New Album is "thrashier"

Now there's nu metal riffs on Worship Music?

1390846234957.jpg

Oh that's right the great almighty standard bearers of thrash, Slayer never did anything "commercialized"

and that's not the first time they did a cheesy cover. "In A Gadda Da Vida" was their first attempt. While there is a certain level of marketing involved, I have a hard time accepting these as serious attempts. Other than the Pantera/Korn influenced "Diabolus In Musica" album, Slayer have generally stayed pretty much a thrash band with throughout their existence. Now that I think about it, the title track from Seasons is probably their most mainstream sounding thing and a lot of people still hold that in high enough regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
no you're right its the first thing that came to my mind, I posted it mainly because it sounds like shit and it was on TV.

Incidentally, though not thrash sounding at all, Slayer's cover of "Hand Of Doom" is awesome. I wish they would mix up some slower stuff with Tom actually singing in their own material.

Fast or slow, Lombardo, Dette or Bostaph, Slayer's #1 problem when it comes to songwriting (and this can apply to Anthrax, Exodus or whoever else as well) is the songs are too long.

Yeah, I've loved every record more and more since The Art..... Great band.

Judging from the live versions, I'm not really that amazed by Jon. He's a good shredder and that's about it. He totally lacks the tone Rob had.