Freaksow @ The Galaxy

Well thanks to Puckfiend I got hooked up for an Atomic Punk's show at the galaxy. Now I was really going to watch this Metallica tribute called "Damage, Inc." (http://www.myspace.com/socaldamageinc) and I promised Metallicat a review and a setlist. So without futher adeiu let me dive into that.

When they first walked on stage I thought that the lead singer looked a LOT like Hetfield! Puckfiend and I both agreed on this. They launched into Blackend and really kicked ass! They are a good band for sure. The solos were well done although a few songs they played a little *faster* than Metallica! I give them two thumbs up! Here is the entire setlist minus one song I can't remember:

Blackened
Fuel
Master of Puppets
Disposable Heros
? (ok I remeber now) - The Four Horsemen
Creeping Death

Then a Motley Crue tribute got on stage. Now the singer at first sounded a lot like Vince Neil EXCEPT when he would sing certain notes and sing them flat. :erk: It was extremely annoying. I doubt I would ever want to watch this band again. Then partway into their first song something weird happened...ok weird is not strong enough...Bizarre...perhaps FREAKISH even....all these Lesbians got on the floor and started dancing...and I mean a gaggle of them.
:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:
I thought to myself...is this lesbian night at the Galaxy? :zombie:
Then it got even more freaky...some cross dressing dude walked out onto the pit area...:puke:

Ok that was weird...

Then the next band came on...5150...
I dont particularly care for the "Van Hagar" era..but this band was great. They guy could sing and the band was tight! I enjoyed their performance.

Lastly, I was getting tired but had to stay for the Atomic Punks because I had never seen them play live before. The Atomic punks are a first rate tribute band. They look and sound a lot like Van Halen. The singer even had the same stage presence as David Lee Roth. This band is a quality band and I highly recommend seeing them. I would definitely be up for seeing them again! :kickass:

All in all a great show other than the freakshow portion of it. :headbang: :kickass:

Atomic Punks are definetely top shelf. Their singer Ralph is a friend of mine he is also the singer for Metal Skool which is very popular in Hollywood. Damage INC is a pretty good Metallica tribute. I have seen them before. I am not allowed to comment on Metallica on this forum anymore or else I will get banned so i will just leave it at that. Hopefully I am not going to get banned just for saying the word "metallica" lol

They always kick ass this show no different

Hank, did you notice that 5150 has the same members of the Atomic Punks with the exception of the singer? You should also check out Moving Pictures (Rush tribute) if you get a chance, which also features Scott (Drums) and Lance (Guitar) from AP.

Ahh! No wonder why they are so good! I didnt notice that because I was sitting off to the side of the stage when 5150 went on. My back was killing me from standing for so long.

The drummer is fucking amazing! :worship: The dude is like a fucking metronome and the chops he threw down in that drum solo fucking ROCKED!

I will check out that rush tribute I love rush! When are you guys playing again? Its been a while since I have watched you guys play.