OT: TestAmenT live at the Galaxy

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Went to the Galaxy tonight to check out the mighty TestAmenT. I have never seen this place so packed! It was also hot as fuck down in that pit. But damn they kicked some ass. First time seeing them with the almost original line up since about 1992.

Testament owned that stage. If Metallica never sold out this is the way they would be right now. They were fuckin intense and sounded perfect!

Sadistic Intent was also fuckin awesome. I haven't seen Sadistic Intent since they opened for all the major death metal bands in the early 90's at the showcase theatre in Corona. They sound almost identical to Morbid Angel but were awesome.

Great show, love seeing so many Metal heads going off in one location

Though it is really funny how many guys show up wearing skin tight jeans and white high top shoes just like the 80's. Pretty classic, and all the jean jackets with patches. Someone really needs to do a documentary on Heavy Metal concert goers. :headbang:

Good to hear.Testamnet are all old buddies of mine.I used to do merch for 'em at local shows here in the bay area.I didn't know Sadistic Intent were still around!Last time I saw them was opening for Cradle of Filth when they first played the states in '98.
I used to be into the Black stretch pants & white high tops also.Actually I still would but those pants are pretty costly.I have an old denim vest with all the patches on it & a bullet belt also.
Check out the documentary "Metal:A Headbangers Journey" http://www.metalhistory.com theres scenes from "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" in it!

TestAmenT is awesome!!!

My 2nd favorite band right behind Maiden, who is #1 of course.

My 3rd favorite is early MegadetH.

I love early TestAmenT with Alex, Louie, and Greg all in the band.

Everything from "The Legacy" CD up to "The Ritrual" CD = Awesome stuff, and MUST HAVE Thrash Metal.

TestAmenT = Probably the most ignored band in the 80's that had all kinds of potential to be huge, but never were.

RuntoHills said:
TestAmenT is awesome!!!

My 2nd favorite band right behind Maiden, who is #1 of course.

My 3rd favorite is early MegadetH.

I love early TestAmenT with Alex, Louie, and Greg all in the band.

Everything from "The Legacy" CD up to "The Ritrual" CD = Awesome stuff, and MUST HAVE Thrash Metal.

TestAmenT = Probably the most ignored band in the 80's that had all kinds of potential to be huge, but never were.

I agree. Except I didn't care too much for the Ritual CD and I love Low and The Gathering like no other. I think the Gathering is one of Testaments finest recordings, definetely their heaviest.

None the less yes TestAmenT is one of the most over looked bands of the entire thrash scene. Watching TestAmenT is exactly how a Metallica show should be right now. Kick ass thrash in a large sold out club.

Metallica went the pussy route and sold out like bitches. Testament kept it real and to this day is 100 percent bay area THRASH! Much respect to those boys.