Went to the show last night at the Galaxy

maidenjapan

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2005
I haven't seen this band the Iron Maidens since about a year or 2 ago. To my suprise and to be honest dissapointment they had a new singer and bass player. All I remembered from the last time I saw them was how amazing their vocalist and bass player were and of course the rest of the band was amazing too.

I have to admit the music sounded really good but the vocals are definetely not even close to as good as they were with the old 'bruce chickinson' the new girl is attractive and has a good singing voice but does not have the stage presence and bruce'isms that the old singer did. She definetely has a good voice and looks very hot but I don't know that it was a good move to get rid of the last singer...

The new bass player played the bass very well however she didn't move all around the stage and play with the energy I remember the old bass player having.

All that being said they were still awesome and put on a great show. I don't know her name but the girl that calls her self 'mini murray' is absolutely fucking amazing on the guitar and has a killer stage presence. And of course seeing the Keyboard player for the real Iron Maiden up on that stage was awesome and to hear '7th son' played live was unbelievable!!

Sorry if I sound a litte harsh just had to give my opinions though like I said it was an amazing performance and I will definetely go see them again

The other band were fun to watch too, that David Lee Roth imitator was hilarious! The red spandex were classic

Hey maidenjapan,
Welcome to the boards! You should have introduced yourself to us last night, perhaps we've met before.....? Always good to put a face to a name, no? ;)

Glad you enjoyed your night at the Galaxy. Both former members quit between one and 3 years ago, so it must have been a while back that you last saw us. And yes, that Minimurray (Sara Marsh) is one fucking blur of fury when she plays her guitar!!! We're thinking about having a separate stage built just for her! :lol:

I really enjoyed watching Eruption too! :worship: They were fun fun fun! Those red pants!!!!!!!!!!.....:oops: ....what else can I say!??!?!?!........Hot For Teacher was an event in itself! Excellent guitar playing and fine drumming too! One of the inspirational bands of my youth and my drumming!

Anyway, glad you made it out and hope to see ya again at another gig. Up the Irons!! :headbang:

With a documented head-count of a handful of people of just under 700 in the door paid to see "The Iron Maidens" (which by the way is 4 times the amount of documented people that ever turned up to see the previous members who quit, play at The Galaxy), your views are obviously an ultra small minority, and only go to prove the opinion of the majority! At the end of the day its box office numbers that are the only thing that counts...clearly the band is doing something right. But thanks for coming to the show!

Lovely show as usual... still a bit sore from being battered in the moshpit...
The band is indeed doing everything right... Aja and Wanda are great performers and awesome people. I've been to the Galaxy for national acts and have never seen crowds as big as the last two Maidens' shows.... Keep it up!

Keyser, it was so good to see you and Marilyn (hope I spelled it right!) again too! I don't know how you survived in the pit but I've seen some photos now and you are both there throughout!!! You gals rule! :headbang: Hope to see ya both again soon!

maidenjapan said:
I haven't seen this band the Iron Maidens since about a year or 2 ago. To my suprise and to be honest dissapointment they had a new singer and bass player. All I remembered from the last time I saw them was how amazing their vocalist and bass player were and of course the rest of the band was amazing too.

I have to admit the music sounded really good but the vocals are definetely not even close to as good as they were with the old 'bruce chickinson' the new girl is attractive and has a good singing voice but does not have the stage presence and bruce'isms that the old singer did. She definetely has a good voice and looks very hot but I don't know that it was a good move to get rid of the last singer...

I was there rockin upstairs in one of those sky box things. It was a blast. Got pretty boozed up and spent like 500 bucks but it was worth it :)

I did enjoy the original bruce chickinson as well. I do think she had bruce down very good and she did indeed have an amazing stage presence. This was my first time seeing the Iron Maidens with Aja on vocals. (Last time I Saw the Maidens was at Hogie Barmichels Spellling??) I think Aja does a great job. I think Aja has a better all around singing voice than did the old singer, jenny i think it was? But she doesnt have the deep angry growl down like Jenny did. I think Aja will get better and better the more shows she plays. She seems like an awesome person so full of energy and seems like a really nice person, has some great abs too lol

I also saw the Maidens with the first Bass player and yes there is no denying she was amazing, the new one wanda is great too! They are all amazing its almost too good as you start to think its not even real like its a recording or something lol.

Great turn out, I was at Soulfly and Morbid Angel last month and it wasnt even as packed as this. I saw Superjoint Ritual there and it wasnt this packed either. I was amazed with the turnout it was great!

Thanks for the great time ladies the rest of the bands were not bad either it was funny hearing some of those old glam rock songs :hotjump:

Blayne said:
Wanda rips at the bass, and ladies and gentleman im not afraid to say a chick is better then me at guitar haahhaha :tickled:

Now that's what I call a real man! :D
I couldn't agree with you more, Blayne. Wanda totally rips! :worship:

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Keyser, it was so good to see you and Marilyn (hope I spelled it right!) again too! I don't know how you survived in the pit but I've seen some photos now and you are both there throughout!!! You gals rule! :headbang: Hope to see ya both again soon!

What she said! Though I did think they were much less wild than the May 04 show. Maybe it was you guys - with the force of your Maiden loving souls, you brought a civilizing aura to the moshpit! ;) :D

Definetly the best show I've seen in a while. during the intro to 7th son with micheal kenny on keyboards, i fell into a state of euphoria It was really awesome. The crowed was crazy and the mosh pit was exauhsting but i found a penny on the floor!! sweeeeeeeeeetttt!!!!! can not wait till the next show.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
This was my first time seeing the Iron Maidens with Aja on vocals. (Last time I Saw the Maidens was at Hogie Barmichels Spellling??) I think Aja does a great job. I think Aja has a better all around singing voice than did the old singer, jenny i think it was? But she doesnt have the deep angry growl down like Jenny did.....

Really? How do you explain this post then? Very interesting.

ironmaidenfan09September 26th, 2004, 11:51 PM
I saw the maidens in Newport beach and there was a different singer. She is cute and has a good voice but it doesn't sound much like Bruce Dickinson. The other singer was almost identical. No disprespect to the current singer but it just wasn't the same without Chickinson there

Tarus Bulba said:

I saw the maidens in Newport beach and there was a different singer. She is cute and has a good voice but it doesn't sound much like Bruce Dickinson. The other singer was almost identical. No disprespect to the current singer but it just wasn't the same without Chickinson there

This computer was shared by all 4 of my roomates. They are the ones that got me into the Iron Maidens. I was with 2 of them the other night. When you go here it logs you in automatically and they all used this account. You will probably notice that a lot of the posts say different things. My roomates don't like Aja on vocals like they did the other singer so sue them big deal they still enjoy the band and paid to see them again on Saturday Night. I think she was a better Bruce imitator but I like both and I see the points of both sides its just worth debating its out with the old and in with the new. I had a great time at the show and will definetely go see them again, i can't speak for everyone else. Thanks for studying the posts though, now get a life!

All Im gonna say is.... a few out of how many dont like your singing?
Thats right! :D

and if you ever get tired of Wanda on bass...Throw her my way we need a bass player! She knows her stuff..who cares if she moves or not...she can play! :worship:

Tarus Bulba said:

It seems to me that you only come in here to attack other people. Truly, get a life. We don't need that sort of crap here. OK?

Please everyone, let's not get all negative here! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and being Maiden fans, we all know how strong those opinions can be!!! :lol:

After 86 of 101 shows under her belt, I'm sure Wanda doesn't feel like a "new" bass player. To me (naturally, since she's been the bassist from my day 1), she's simply a phenomenal musician. (As are all these badass women). I have so much respect for her ability to master these incredibly complex bass lines and it's obvious most of you feel the same. :headbang:

I know there will always be those who have a hard time accepting a change in a band's line up. I'm happy that doesn't stop you from coming to the shows. So what if some people aren't as open to my interpretation, that's OK! It's all good. We're just having fun!

The most wonderful thing about our boards is that we are all here for one reason, cuz we love Maiden! While we all appreciate a nice compliment, it's not just about the individuals, it's about the music, baby! Let's not forget that! 'Nuff said!

Up The Irons!

Some of you are taking this WAY too seriously! There's NO competition here among present and former band members, and I keep in touch with ALL of them. REMEMBER, THIS IS JUST ANOTHER COVER BAND comprised of talented musicians with a common bond of being hardcore Maiden fans who want to express their appreciation of the music. The individuality of each musician makes her own interpretation unique and enjoyable, regardless of who it is!

I hope i didn't come across and being negative or even insulting to Aja. For the record I think she has an amazing voice and high energy. She truly seems happy on stage and seems like a great person. The topic was about the two different singers, I expressed my thoughts on each of them.

The current line up kicks fuckin ass and I will go again and again to see them. They are the best Maiden cover band in the world, that goes with the past line up and with the current line up.

I had one of the best times i have had at a show in a long time on Saturday Night

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I hope i didn't come across and being negative or even insulting to Aja. For the record I think she has an amazing voice and high energy. She truly seems happy on stage and seems like a great person. The topic was about the two different singers, I expressed my thoughts on each of them.

The current line up kicks fuckin ass and I will go again and again to see them. They are the best Maiden cover band in the world, that goes with the past line up and with the current line up.

I had one of the best times i have had at a show in a long time on Saturday Night

I don't believe you were insulting or negative. (I am sure most people on this board will agree with me.) There's been some negativity in the past on this subject which does not need to be resurrected. Let's move on!