Just got home from Galaxy show in Santa Ana

The girls were great as allways. Meeting Derik Riggs was the best ! The vibe was a little strange that night every one in my group noticed. The was no security at all we saw people being bulled right in front of security. I was in line for Derrick Riggs when the kid that got stabed came running out holding his bloody stomache. Wow what a bummer . We come out to see the talent of these great musicans and to meet Derrick Riggs. It's to bad that there are allways assholes who want to fight and not watch the band.Anyway great set list !

OK, thanks to Metallicat180 who filled me in on the background. I guess Wanda had posted in another thread that Riggs was not going to sign the book. First she mentioned specifically the signed by the author hardback edition but then in her 2nd post she might have been talking about all editions. I only had a softcover unsigned by the author edition.
Sorry for the trouble, I've removed the pic. That's what I get for not keeping up on the forum! :)

Sorry for the trouble, I've removed the pic. That's what I get for not keeping up on the forum! :)

Hey, put the pic back up... It would be nice if everyone here that ordered the book saw your signed softcover.

OK, thanks to Metallicat180 who filled me in on the background. I guess Wanda had posted in another thread that Riggs was not going to sign the book. First she mentioned specifically the signed by the author hardback edition but then in her 2nd post she might have been talking about all editions. I only had a softcover unsigned by the author edition.

As far as I know, you were the only person with a book who came to the merch booth that night~ Derek probably signed it because he's a nice guy and didn't think that you would post a photo of it anywhere. He really doesn't want to sign any more books because it wouldn't be fair to the fans who bought the limited edition, signed hardbacks.

*cheers* and a big thank you to all that came and supported our show at the galaxy - whew!! what a night huh! we've been planning this show for MONTHs and were all excited to share a kick ass evening with everyone!!! riggs and kim were delightful company and it was fun hanging out with him and the rest of youz :) this show really raised the bar for both band and crew in so many areas - and with the release of route 666 the rest of the year is gonna be non stop as well. \m/ of course, every show is a learning experience too - like the balance of a mic boom stand when adjusted for people in rolling chairs :lol: as well as stuff that's out of our immediate control like security issues and the autograph session. we are fellow iron maiden fans is what's it's all about in the end - so here's to more iron maiden music - the caravan rolls on :kickass:

*cheers* and a big thank you to all that came and supported our show at the galaxy - whew!! what a night huh! we've been planning this show for MONTHs and were all excited to share a kick ass evening with everyone!!! riggs and kim were delightful company and it was fun hanging out with him and the rest of youz :) this show really raised the bar for both band and crew in so many areas - and with the release of route 666 the rest of the year is gonna be non stop as well. \m/ of course, every show is a learning experience too - like the balance of a mic boom stand when adjusted for people in rolling chairs :lol: as well as stuff that's out of our immediate control like security issues and the autograph session. we are fellow iron maiden fans is what's it's all about in the end - so here's to more iron maiden music - the caravan rolls on :kickass:

Well put Sara! It was an evening to remember. :)

Cheers to the girls for a great show (Alexander the Great :headbang:) and to Derek and Kim for coming out for the show to meet us all. Definitely a weekend to remember. Hope the guy that got knifed is o.k..that sucks something like that happened.

Riggs_2MtM.jpg

'Have a blast' in a mushroom cloud :lol:

(My scanner isn't big enough to fit the whole cover of a LP.)

A HUGE THANK YOU to all of the Iron Ladies and even Mark for putting this one together! Meeting Derek to me felt like a more rare moment than meeting the band. It was cool meet him and have him sign my Red Shirt. Later the next day I thought how cool it would have been to have him draw an eddie on it would have been. Oh well, I'm still a happy camper. Derek seemed like a real cool guy and fun to hang out with. I remember one fan having something being signed that said to him "You've got a sick mind to come up with this stuff" and Derek responded with his unique laugh "Yea, I've got a pretty sick mind" and was having fun with it. Loved the new songs, play play play them again!!!!

I also noticed the crowd was more mellow that night too. I stayed in the back by the bar because I didn't want my stuff to be signed to get all trashed from getting squished in the front rows. I thought maybe the fans were more mellow for the same reason?

After the show I talked to Aja about the fan that got shanked. She said he was actually the guy making trouble and was the one telling to behave (during the show I laughed at that because she sounded like a mom). So, I see it as this guy pissed off the wrong fan and got shanked. Bet he'll calm down now! Don't agree with the shanking tho.

Having Derek ( and his awesome bride, Kim) as our guests this week was just a wonderful time for us all. It was great to get to know them and hang out- it was like sayng goodbye to family when they left. :cry:

We're glad we could do this for you guys - it meant a lot to all of us as well and we are so pleased you felt the same. He's a very special person and he thoroughly enjoyed talking to and signing things for everyone.

As far as the aberrant incident that occurred during the show - well, I'd like to help set the record straight and let you all share the facts as we know them at this time so we can all move on a little wiser and better from this.

As it turned out - it was more of a jabbing as opposed to a stabbing. Apparently the guy on the receiving end got gouged in the back by a key or other similarly shaped object. It was not a shanking per se - no knives were involved - nor was it a serious injury and he will be fine. So we are glad to know that.

In hindsight, one tends to look at things like this and wonder what one could have done to have prevented this from happening at all. It's not possible to control every single person who comes to a show. Fortunately, this is not something that is or has ever been a regular occurrence at our shows -and it won't become one -on that you can rely. But every experience , no matter how negative, is an opportunity to learn from and this is no exception. We will use it as a tool to help us stay aware of what COULD happen and do our personal best to keep the right vibe going during our shows that we can. I'm a big believer in preventive measures so raising the level of awareness in the security staff is definitely on my personal to do list. We put on safe and fun shows and we plan to keep it that way!!!

UP THE BLOODY IRONS!!!!!

Thanks for telling me I'll try to check for knives or guns at the Corona CA show.
Should I wear a balistic vest to the Corona show if I screen for wepons at that show?

A long overdue thank you to everybody who was at the show and made it all so worthwhile to us as a band and to Derek and Kim too! We worked so hard to make it special for everybody and it means so much when we know we made y'all happy. :) Other than the incident, the night was so wonderful it even made me forget about the 4 car accident I was in right before I got to sound check! :headbang: I'm still smarting from it now, but luckily Sara and Mark are just fine. :kickass: I'm glad NOBODY was seriously hurt that night period! Cheers and see you at the next one!

Having Derek ( and his awesome bride, Kim) as our guests this week was just a wonderful time for us all. It was great to get to know them and hang out- it was like sayng goodbye to family when they left. :cry:
That is very cool to have that opportunity to hang with them. It would be fun to spend a night tipping a few brewskis with them. I bet that would be a riot. Any cool stories to share?

As it turned out - it was more of a jabbing as opposed to a stabbing. Apparently the guy on the receiving end got gouged in the back by a key or other similarly shaped object. It was not a shanking per se - no knives were involved - nor was it a serious injury and he will be fine. So we are glad to know that.
Ah yes, that's right. You did mention that to me too and I forgot to mention that. I remember while standing at the back at the bar (which is about 75 feet away) and noticing that I could see what looked like a lot of blood, atleast 6 inches coming down the lower back (was it?). I was kinda in disbelief, that can't be blood, but with the music stopped, the lights on and the injured guy standing up on the side of the stage talking I thought it's something big and maybe it is blood. Even with a blunt object, he was jabbed pretty hard. Glad it wasn't a knife.