Free full-length, Hayworth, produced by me. It's fackin good.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! its got a Patton/DEP/Carbomb thing going on I really love it! What did you use for guitars and bass??

Damn darthjujuu I really like your work, just listened to Caulfield!!

holy shit man. any way you could post what mic for each instruments and post processing mix chains? that might be asking too much but I am really interested in this. I absolutely love the way this sounds.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! its got a Patton/DEP/Carbomb thing going on I really love it! What did you use for guitars and bass??

Damn darthjujuu I really like your work, just listened to Caulfield!!

thanks so much dude!

guitar was a flying vee > ts9 > jcm900 (not jcm2000...whoops) > old beat up marshall cab > 57 on the cone > digimax.

guize...really, getting good tone is naht that hard, if the TONE ITSELF is already good. no mic positioning will make a shitty tone good. but yea i just clamped the headphones onto my head and moved the mic around while listening through the DAW, found the sweet spot, done. takes me like 15 seconds to mic a cab.

bass is a sansamp DI driver, with the "through" signal going straight in to the digimax. so two tracks being recorded at once, one clean, one sansamp. the sansamp tracked gets lowpassed real hard and used for fundamental harmonic lowend, the "clean" straight in track gets hit with acmebargig BIG for filth.

holy shit man. any way you could post what mic for each instruments and post processing mix chains? that might be asking too much but I am really interested in this. I absolutely love the way this sounds.

i keep it simple, really. but from what i remember, here's all the deets:

drums:

57 snare top
57 rack tom
57 floor tom
two AKG c1000's (not my first choice) for overheads spaced as far as i could, all he really had was a ride and hats. and one more crash and china, but they found their way into the mix just fine. and an AKG perception dangling from the ceiling in the corner of the room, set to omni, smashed to fuck is where the majority of the drum goodness is coming from.

already mentioned guitar/bass in the above post

vox are AKG perception (days before i got my sm7b) > presonus tubepre > smashed with tons of different compressors and arranged / panned / automated all over the place.

also worth mentioning that no accoustic treatment of any kind was used anywhere on this album. drum room is a completely small/cubic parallel untreated room, vox were in an untreated room (you can really tell most there) and guitar was done in the drum room, with the cab in a corner, facing a sofa, 57 on the top cone.

processing is pretty "standard" if there's such a thing. drums were just compression/eq, tons of eq on the toms, room mic smashed to smitherines, uhm...guitar is quadded, just hipass/lowpass and that's it, ...ahm...verb on the snare?

edit: i "hand gated" the toms, meaning delete everywhere they're not getting hit, by hand, and did manual fades. it's really obvious in some parts, but with a small kit and a kid that SMASHES cymbals...there's really no way around it sometimes.

haha. there's really nothing special anywhere in this mix at all. 2bus was a C4 > elephant. this whole album is just super basic procedures with minimal equipment. the cool part is that i didn't use samples/reamping/guitar plugs or anything like that, which i'm super stoked on. that's the real satisfaction of getting alot with a little.

edit again: this project, since i foresaw very minimal editing, was done start to finish in reaper. c4, rvox, and elephant were the only non-free plugs used that i can think of off the top of my head.

HAHA...I'll make sure you get BIGGER when its available..thats the upgrade when we can get to it that is..
:)

This is very Number 12 but not as polished. Love it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the snare. I feel like it's taking up the whole center of the mix by itself. Like I'm listening to the song on the sides and the snare in the middle.

That said, I wish I could do raw shit and it sound this fuckin epic!