FREE MIDIPak - Terminus Metal - 107+ drum grooves

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
addictive_drums_terminus_midipak.jpg

A little demo vid:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvaeogNcjho&list=UU96-NGEqT9SkAMAUd0tFP4w&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

I thought what better way to give something back to the AD community (and Sneapsters who use AD) than to collect them into some of my own midi loops. When I say metal drums most people are thinking brootz but actually many of these are geared toward all styles including death, doom, prog, avante garde and traditional metal although there are a few different blast beats and faster beats in here. I can't encompass every single style of beat out there so I took these from my own songs and some covers I've done and chopped them up accordingly. I know the advanced users won't care much for pre-made loops but these might help some of the guys out there who either can't or don't want to be arsed to make up beats all the time when jamming out on their DAW. There is lots of variety and plenty of tempos and time sigs featured (although I stayed away from odd time sigs this time around- maybe in another pack) and if you're in need of a decent beat this will likely have at least a few for you. There are over 170 different beats in the pack, ranging from blasts to double bass to slow doomy parts, and some fills thrown in as well.

I'm also including one of my better presets as a bonus for those who download. I don't usually process AD within itself and this isn't really how my drums have sounded lately but I tried to do the best I could with it, and so that you could hear the beats in the form that I heard them when I selected the beats to include.

Have fun, and stay metal! :devil:

DOWNLOAD:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/994726/Terminus_Metal_Addictive_Drums_MIDIPak.zip

Thanks man. Guess I should have put Addictive Drums in the title. And it's 170 different grooves not 107. More like 190ish.

Sounds punchy! Quite nice! :)

Do these riffs have 'random' (or programmed) velocities in them, already?
Especially the cymbals..

Thanks much!

*for a moment there the box cover fooled me haha

Is that usable with others drums samplers ?
I mean, if it's GM standard, you can use them with Toontrack products with some very few changes.
Btw, thanks for sharing this !

It's mapped directly for AD, which is different from GM, but whenever I've taken songs to mix from this forum that have had drum midis made with SD I've had to move a few things and it wasn't too far off. So yeah with a little work it could be used with other drum plugs. Not too hard to see what's a kick snare etc when you're used to working with drum midis.:D

Yep, I agree.
I also already done a drummap to convert Guitar Pro drums directly into the Toontrack extended GM standard. Import the midi file in Cubase, choose the "GP-to-Toontrack" drummap I made, then you have the "convert to the O-note" option from the midi menu. After that, you can use the drummap provided by Toontrack, so all your projects use the same.
I may think to do the same with AD, based on your midi files, if anyone's interested.

Yep, I agree.
I also already done a drummap to convert Guitar Pro drums directly into the Toontrack extended GM standard. Import the midi file in Cubase, choose the "GP-to-Toontrack" drummap I made, then you have the "convert to the O-note" option from the midi menu. After that, you can use the drummap provided by Toontrack, so all your projects use the same.
I may think to do the same with AD, based on your midi files, if anyone's interested.

As long as it's just a map and not repackaging my files I'm ok with it. Otherwise I'll eventually do it myself. Thanks for the offer.

I've not tried this but I think EZ Drummer is just the same as GM map? If so, you can click on the Map Window button in the Beats section and change it to GM no probs. You can also create your own custom map. Sorry I know shit about toontrack lol.

Aw, so it's not GM ready.. :cry:

How did you make that nice double bass panning? -as in do you use any outside processing for it?

If memory serves me right, AD had a strong 'machine gun' effect by default, no?.. tried it a long time ago, if I remember it did.

Thanks again for this!

I've always liked the sounds in AD.. stuff I heard done with it. Always wished they would have put a 5th tom in it. Haha

Will check out the link- thanks!

I have no idea at the moment but I'll look into it, since it seems like NO ONE FUCKING USES AD. :lol:

Eventually I'll either port these over myself or get some help to expand it into every drum vst known to mankind.