FREE MIXING

emerymusic

New Metal Member
Mar 23, 2011
Cleveland
I just want some practice so I am offering free mixing services. I am an intermediate level engineer and I am working in a high quality studio so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the result.

Thanks.

Whelp, you signed up this month, you have a grand total of 4 posts, nobody knows who the hell you are or where you're based, and we don't know anything about your background or your work.

Think about it dude, do you really think that's a good start?

well I don't have much control over that. I just signed up so I could practice and study mixing because I still have a lot to learn--which is why nobody has heard of me. Would it make much of a difference to you if I waited 6 months and made a bunch of posts? I don't understand what you would be concerned about anyway--that I would get a mix and then not do it for free? Doesn't make much sense to me. Hopefully there aren't too many people that agree with you, and a few will pop up that don't mind helping out a new engineer.

Jesus, you guys jumped on this guy for no reason - he hasn't even asked a Sturgis question!

Emery, check out the "rate my mix" subforum and look around for some 'mix-offs' that still have the tracks available - that'll give you some practice and also something to post as an example of your work, which will help a lot.

I can't say I speak for the rest of the people here, but I don't think simply handing over a load of recorded material to someone that hasn't even provided examples of previous work / clients is a smart move. It's simply a matter of trust.

well I don't have much control over that. I just signed up so I could practice and study mixing because I still have a lot to learn--which is why nobody has heard of me. Would it make much of a difference to you if I waited 6 months and made a bunch of posts? I don't understand what you would be concerned about anyway--that I would get a mix and then not do it for free? Doesn't make much sense to me. Hopefully there aren't too many people that agree with you, and a few will pop up that don't mind helping out a new engineer.

Well if you are legit, my apologies, but you have to understand the amount of people that come here for purely selfish reasons and want to basically totally undercut the actual professionals here that need to earn a living doing this stuff. Not to mention the amount of people that just come here for critiques on their own mixes, but don't critique the mixes of others or offer helpful advice in the production/equipment sub forums.

You started off on the wrong foot, but at least you have to the chance to prove yourself since it seems you're an okay dude.

I can't say I speak for the rest of the people here, but I don't think simply handing over a load of recorded material to someone that hasn't even provided examples of previous work / clients is a smart move. It's simply a matter of trust.

He's offering it for free. What does it matter if he's not legit? As long as he doesn't steal your song I don't see any harm in flinging him the stems and seeing what he comes up with.

He's offering it for free. What does it matter if he's not legit? As long as he doesn't steal your song I don't see any harm in flinging him the stems and seeing what he comes up with.

That was my point exactly. Although, I do understand their apprehension.