Who has time to mix/master a whole album for me?

I'll send files in some more hours guys!! I'll PM you to confirm if you still want them. See ya!

I sent some confirmation PM to the ones who PMed me :p, I'll send some more PM to the guys here in some more hours, keep in touch.

EDITING

Done, I PMed everybody!!, kind of a generic message I must say, anyway, just waiting your replies, see ya and thanks for the response!!

Had a REALLY odd problem here.. Cubase won't recognize your wav files.. But Windows Media Player will. Never had this with any other project. So I'm currently a little stumped.
I go to import them and essentially the tracks are created with microscopic length tracks that don't play. But will play in any of my media players. :S

EDIT: Pulled it all into Audacity and re-exported and that seemed to work... However.

I don't want to be the one to be picky and an ass about this, but this is near impossible to do anything with dude. The guitars already seem to have verb and whatnot on them, the drums are literally 1 stereo file. What about all the separate drums tracks? OH, Snare, Kick... This is essentially EQ/ effecting the whole drumkit as one, it's just not going to be good.
There's a lot of empty tracks on here also that aren't necessary, not a big deal but just a heads up etc...

But as I said, maybe others here don't really care in the sense they'll mix what's given, and sure I'll give it a crack too, but if you HAVE the drum tracks as separate instruments etc, and guitar tracks without any effects, then that would be AMAZINGLY beneficial for the outcome of this mix. Otherwise it's a big compromise from the beginning

Unfortunately, as Melb_shredder have already said, there are numerous problems with raw files, and I agree that the most serious ones are the lack of separate tracks for drums/close mics, and no DI tracks for reamping guitars... If you guys prefer your own amps and cabs that's fine, but then you should record them in a better environment, with better mic placement... The reverb that I'm hearing could be an effect, or even the room itself since this was obviously recorded with the mic further away...
Then, it's true that there are quite a lot of empty tracks. I'm quite positive that these are some important tracks for mix and arrangement and that they shouldn't be empty in the first place... Anyway, here's the list of empty files:
- Baroque
- Baroque1
- Choir
- Choir1
- Good Voice
- Inter
- Master
- Synth 2 L
- Synth 2 R
- Sitar L
- Sitar R
- Whistle

If there are no separate drum tracks and DI tracks for guitar then, unfortunately, I'll have to pass since I know I can't do anything with it to make it sound good as it should be...

All the best!
Goran

Hello, well, I know what you are talking about guys, so I'll explain everything:

First the real issues everybody talks about, guitars and drums.

1.-About the guitars, I recorded them using Guitar Rig 4 and added an effect I though it was good (I still like it if you ask me), so that explains the reverb/dist of the effect. I have the unproccesed tracks of those guitars with no effects at all, BUT the thing is that the original, unprocessed tracks aren't quantized yet, so that could become a problem of time for you guys because you'd have to quantize those guitar files with the tracks you downloaded, I still can send you the guitar tracks and you tweak them as you like, I think it'll sound better, just let me know if you want them and i'll send you the guitar files, unquantized.

2.-Drums, the weak point of the mix!!, The dude who helped me to record them made them in a single track, stereo mix, a single track for everything unfortunately, so not sure if it could have a descent sound? I don't know what should I do about this, I asked him the other day if he could send me single tracks with toms, snares, bass drums, cymbals, separately just in case, but he never did, would make a difference if you guys had those "sounds", just asking. I HAVE THE MIDI FILES OF THE DRUMS, but it would mean re-quantize things here and there, so if it's extremely neccesary i'd use them, didn't want to since some dude put effort to record tracks and I wanted the songs to have recording musicians, but if it's the only way to make the mix sounds awesome, you tell me people :).

3.-Empty tracks: Not a big deal really, those are all the tracks used in all the sessions (songs), so I just took that song "lenght" and sent them to you, in other sessions/songs, those empty tracks have music in there ok? so it's not a big deal.

4.-Wavs: Didn't know what happened here, the engineer exported them and sent them to me (He uses MAC/Pro Tools LE), I opened them with no problems with Adobe Audition 3 (Windows), So I don't really have an idea here.

That was my reply, I have unprocessed guitar and midi drums, would need to re-quantize because the new files (the ones that I sent you) were already quantized and wouldn't have the same notes always.

Actually using Midi drums, the unprocessed guitar tracks and keyboards must be perfect/almost perfect in time, the bass guitar and vocals will need to be worked on though, so, if you still want to give this a try, let me know ok?, if you think it's a lot of extra work, you can either pass this project, or if you really want to try, I guess I could give someone the guitar tracks so he worked only on them or something? same with drums, but anyway, thanks a lot for the support, see ya!!

Yeah, I agree with the others.
These files are extremely difficult to work with.

I think that you should quantize everything, get all the files set and in time and what not, then reupload the raw tracks for us all to try.

Well that sounds like an option too.

Just in case, I uploaded the unprocessed guitar tracks + the midi drums if you want them.

Well that sounds like an option too.

Just in case, I uploaded the unprocessed guitar tracks + the midi drums if you want them.

Give us a link.

As for the whole mix, well you should definitely quantize your own tracks/notes, since only you how they were supposed to be played an arranged. Before you do that I can do some preliminary mix (sound-wise, not arrangement-wise) with the material that you've just uploaded, so you can have an idea about what to expect from my end...
I understand your preference for real drums, and actually I agree with you, but if you can't get your hands on separate drum tracks them I'm afraid that this stereo-drum-stem is unusable as it is...

Cheerz mate

Ok, I've imported all the guitar tracks into Pro Tools, and have just realized this: This is only one guitar track!?... If you're still serious about having a proper mix, then you really need two rhythm guitar takes panned left and right. I also see that you have left out the rhythm parts during a solo (let's call it that), so I'm not sure how will that sound either... I really won't be able to proceed with the mix unless you have the second rhythm guitar take...

Ok DanLights, I sent you a PM

Nervirasme, That's the way I wanted the songs to sound, I barely put together 2 guitars at the same time in the whole session (8 songs), since the beginning I wanted to do that, so I don't know what else I could say about it.

nervirasme said:
Ok, I've imported all the guitar tracks into Pro Tools, and have just realized this: This is only one guitar track!?... If you're still serious about having a proper mix, then you really need two rhythm guitar takes panned left and right. I also see that you have left out the rhythm parts during a solo (let's call it that), so I'm not sure how will that sound either... I really won't be able to proceed with the mix unless you have the second rhythm guitar take...

I checked the files and there are two rhythm tracks, I panned them left and right and it sounded stereo, the weird thing is that all tracks are rendered as stereo but in the end it's the same, it seems it's just the same thing left and right. But again, I checked quickly and there are two rhythm guitars going on. And the solo part, many prog bands do this, depending on the part there might be no rhythm part during a solo