French Metal Scene

Black Winter Day said:
BATHORY - The Return (for the tribute)
BATHORY - Blood Fire Death (I know Erik is doing another one, but I figured we're going to have multiple reviews for nearly every album)
That would be nice. Cool stuff.

NASHEIM - Undergang
Finally! I have to get those damn OGG files converted, because the music is so damn strong, I want to hear them in the best audio possible.

ULVER - Bergtatt (finally!)
ARCANE SUN - s/t (possibly)
Fantastic - send them in!! Erik and J will make gay babies with you for those two.

The Black Legions were not just made up of those four bands. Black Murder are an example of an almost unknown good BL band.

These releases are the best French ones I've come across:
Ad Hominem - Planet Zog: The End
Belenos - Notre Amour Eternel
Belketre - Ambre Zuetki Vuordrevartre
Belketre/Vlad Tepes - March to the Black Holocaust
Black Murder - Feasts
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice
Massacra - Final Holocaust
Massacra - Enjoy the Violence
Mutiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
Mutiilation - Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
Nehemah - Light of a Dead Star

Here are most of the bands in Black Legions:

Vlad Tepes
Aakon Keetreh
Belketre
Torgeist
Mutiilation
Black Murder
Amaka Hahina
Brenoritvrezorkre
Malicious Secrets
Project Vampire
Moevot
Cantus Bestiae
Satanicum Tenebrae
Vzaeurvbtre
Vermeth
Vagezaryavtre
Vermyapre Kommando
Susvourtre

Good music, HORRIBLE production.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
Easily in my top 5 this year. Just remarkable - I've not heard anything quite like it in a while.

Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice
Must get this...almost bought it from Moribund Cult but I have a real problem with paying $14 plus shipping for a CD. I'm such a skanky jewfeld.

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Osculum Infame (NSBM , never checked , sold-out or so, everybody's talking about a masterpiece, maybe some mp3's..)
I just downloaded a song called "Rising in The Glorious Dawn of Osculum Infame" and it is INCREDIBLE! I need more!

J. said:
Are they reliable? How quick do their package generally arrive? I wouldn't mind that Infernum and Grand Belial's Key CDs.

Yes, they are reliable. I ordered some CDs and Vinyl last Saturday and I got them in the mail this Thursday. They didn't email to confirm I ordered so I was kind of worried for a few days, but I got the stuff in excellent condition.

J. said:
Ok, so I placed an order with Adipocere, and it sayd that they'll email me with shipping info, but they haven't emailed me yet.

What gives?
They never e-mail you , that's the shitty point , but they are reliable

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Osculum Infame (NSBM , never checked , sold-out or so, everybody's talking about a masterpiece, maybe some mp3's..)
Dor-Nu-Fauglith was quite good if I remember right.

Nobody's mentioned Seigneur Voland yet, the guy from Kristallnacht is involved with them.

On a different note, Heavenly is a good French power metal band :)

So anyone find any new French bands? Thanks to Doomsniffer, I shall have Belenos soon.

Nydvind and Bran Barr still kick ass. The Nydvind and Bran Barr albums are now OOP, but I'm sure there are still distros with the Nydvind album.

The French scene is similar to the Ukraine scene, in that all members play in every single band. Hingard plays in Nydvind, Bran Barr, Momlithe, and Despond. Other Nydvind members play in Heol Telwen, Aes Dana Acromion.

Also, new Bran Barr album this year! Fans of Tuatha Na Gael and Waylander's debut take heed.

Anyone heard these bands:

Hyadningar (Pagan Black Metal)
Landvaettir (Pagan Black Metal)

and I'm still looking/waiting for new stuff from Heol Telwen and Aes Dana.

I know a couple of people on here are fans of Mystic Forest and maybe Eikenskaden. Mystic Forest is a mostly one man BM band with lots of very well played keyboards and some nice mellow parts with solos and stuff. I'm horrible at describing bands. I own the band's first cd, "Green Hell", and I've heard "Welcome Back in the Forest" and "Romances" once each, sounded good to me.

Anorexia Nervosa.

Great band, bad name.

Oh, and the cover art for New Obscurantis Order I find VERY disturbing....

anorexia_nervosa_new_obscurantis_order_1.jpg