French punk rock/hardcore

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hey,

I produced a 4 song EP for this band in 2 days. Drums, bass and main vocals were done live the first day, then guitars the day after. They're friends of mine so I charged a very little price but in other hand I cannot spend a lot of time on it at all. I mixed and mastered this first song today. Rhythm guitars were reamped through my 6505 using some good IRs, bass is Sansamp plugin only.

Well, I think the kick is overpowering (a bit too much low end I guess) and the "mastering" is a bit too much bright (maybe?) but I need your advices to improve my shit. Please comment guys!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36870048/song1_masterprint1.mp3

Damn, I find that this mix does not sound 'in da face' at all. I mean, it's like drums and vocals had tons of reverb. Also it sounds very "2kHz - 4kHz oriented". I tried to fix that but I don't know how to do, where the problem lies here. I definitely need help...

I like it a lot! Very good song :kickass:

Only thing I'd want to do is to make the vocals more in your face and clear. Nothing else to add though!

Nice tight performance from the band!

Weird hearing agressive french though.

I think it's a good mix, every element has its place and the vocals come through very well.

The first mix had too much kick, or probably too much low on the kick.

Just my amateur input.