From the start.......Number of the beast

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
There is not a lot that can be said about this album that has not already said.It does not matter if you agree or not,it has to maybe the greatest metal albums of all time.It has all the metal ingedients in spades.25 years old this year,

Total big hairy balls metal all the way!:kickass: Can you remember playing it for the first time? All I'd heard from it was RTTH back then so when that needle hit the vinyl for the first time and Invaders filled my room (and the rest o the hoose, and next door to be honest:kickass: ) I thought yeeeeefeckin ha and proceeded to destroy several million brain cells in one evening:headbang:

Everysongs a winner, the cover is legendary.:worship:

Well its pretty much a flawless album...But i dont enjoy it like i used to...

First Maiden album I ever heard ! And had me hooked straight away.

It still make's me smile when I saw Machine Head a few years and they started up Number of the Beast as an encore and all these kids just stood there going who the? and what the ? Whilst me and my mate went APESHIT ! :headbang:

First Maiden album I ever heard ! And had me hooked straight away.

It still make's me smile when I saw Machine Head a few years and they started up Number of the Beast as an encore and all these kids just stood there going who the? and what the ? Whilst me and my mate went APESHIT ! :headbang:

Was that the gig they played as 'Ten Ton Hammer' in london (2002 i think) ? They played alot of cover versions, i have it on dvd, its great!

Was that the gig they played as 'Ten Ton Hammer' in london (2002 i think) ? They played alot of cover versions, i have it on dvd, its great!

I was at the Ten Ton Hammer gig at the Garage in Islington which was indeed all covers, but no they always play some covers as Machine Head, namely some Maiden and always guaranteed WALK Pantera ! AWESOME :kickass:

P.S. I would sell me mum to see a DVD of the Ten Ton Hammer show from Islington

I was at the Ten Ton Hammer gig at the Garage in Islington which was indeed all covers, but no they always play some covers as Machine Head, namely some Maiden and always guaranteed WALK Pantera ! AWESOME :kickass:

P.S. I would sell me mum to see a DVD of the Ten Ton Hammer show from Islington

Lol ..... I Sent you an email :)

Never really been a Maiden fan. Still, Number of the Beast is a classic heavy metal album. Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name are great songs. Don't care about the rest of the songs though. Children of the Damned is okay as well though.. but invader, the prisoner, 22 acacia avenue, gangland... didn't really like them. Maybe I would just have to listen to them more. Classic album anyway. :headbang:

There is not a lot that can be said about this album that has not already said.It does not matter if you agree or not,it has to maybe the greatest metal albums of all time.It has all the metal ingedients in spades.25 years old this year,

Saw this live at the Long Beach Arena...

Iron Maiden, Saxon and Fastway...