famos "Woe to you..." intro hundreds of times, yet I never read or
heard the slightest information on who spoke those famos words for the
record.
Not even the TNOTB Classic Albums DVD mentions anything about the
narrator.
Isn't it strange that they always talk about the intro to The Prisoner
but never ever mention anything about "Woe to you oh Earth and
Sea..."?
Does anyone here have any information? Thanks!

Yesterday I listened to the intro again after I watched the X-Men movie. And the narrator sounds a lot like Patrick Stewart (who was relatively unknown back in 1982). What do you think?

Hmmm,Vincent Price's voice shouldn't be compared to Patrick Stewart. A master of his art Mr.Price was indeed,may he rest in peace. Patrick Stewart is an amuature comparing the pieces of work (classics such as the "RAVEN") that Vince has done.
For the fact of answering your question Mr.Blackwell,I find that Vincent's voice sounds more dreary and dark compared to Stewart's gentalmen manner of sounding proper.

As for Profanity's comments,its just his way of saying he can't carry on a conversation. Its normal for him to be limited in words and lack intellectual stimulation for him to answer a question with a reasonable response.

I don't think it's Patrick Stewart. The voice sounds--at least to me--to be a much older man than Stewart would have been even 22 years ago. He was in the movie Exaclibur which was I think in 1981 so that could give you an idea of what his voice was like if you care enough to watch it.

BigBronco4x4 said:
I don't think it's Patrick Stewart. The voice sounds--at least to me--to be a much older man than Stewart would have been even 22 years ago. He was in the movie Exaclibur which was I think in 1981 so that could give you an idea of what his voice was like if you care enough to watch it.

I have seen "Excalibur" where Patrick Stewart plays the part of a knight. Interesting concept the movie displayed of the tales of King Arthur.

Other than that,it is Vincent Price's voice that is used for Iron Maiden's intro to "The Number of the Beast". I'm pretty sure its an extract from a classic film that he has performed in;which one?...is another thing to ponder on.

I can't believe I have to correct you folks. Maiden tried to get Vincent Price but he asked money for it, so they got a Price sound alike instead.

Well John Silver,I am still waiting for you to give a name! Especially now that you are so certain that it wasn't Vincent Price who also did intros for Alice Cooper too! Who is the mystery voice? Do you remember the name of the thriller that inspired IM too? Its a classic as well.

Oh btw,the metorite awaits for your coordinates Silver! Though it was wishful thinking on another thread for a metorite to come crashing down on Baghdad. I can't help myself for wishing a small piece from the metorite would make its way through the atmosphere,only to be the seize of a ten pin bowling ball able to hit you on the head to drop you literarly would make my day!

I think Silver is right on this, a sound-alike was used, I dont think his name was ever publicaly mentioned

Eh Nightwing,you know of what I speak when mentioning Alice Cooper!
Even if all of us are right in some way or another,the only way to truely find out is ask IM them selves. Well...I guess I could ask. They do have very nice P.R. personal who do answer,but usually if its not of a general inquiry. Any hoot,one of you could ask as well.