From The Start......Solid Ball Of Rock.

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
I didnt buy this album until 2003ish.So i cant comment on the impact it had on fans.I dont think its a great album but its a step in the right direction.I also saw them for the last time for 13 years on this tour and they looked a pissed off.Anything after Crusader just no reaction.

A milestone of solid rock! Really well focused and powerfull ! I love this album it is pure Saxon.

A return to form, (and a return to a more Saxon sound) after Destiny. I like this album, especially the title track, Baptism Of Fire and Refugee. A good album, a return to a more Saxon sound, everything is looking rosie. Little did we know that 'Forever Free' was on the horizon!

Was playing 'Solid Ball of Rock' before very loud and my wife told me that the baby was kicking away....How cool is that !!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

A Solid album ( solid ball of rock) I finally got Innocence cost me 25$ for the import I was hard pressed to find it any cheaper

I have yet to hear or purchase either Forever Free & Destiny I am curious are they as good as previous albums

For me a turning point for saxon the production isent saxons best, but there are some good songs on this album solid ball of rock being my fav of this album and alter of the gods.

Loads better then Rock the nations, and destiny i was going to put innocence in there but thats a good album just let down by naff production on the drums and guitars

saxon747rock said:
i was going to put innocence in there but thats a good album just let down by naff production on the drums and guitars

....Weird, i have read stuff to that effect so many times over the years...Is it just me who likes the production on innocence then ?? I think it sounds great even to this day!