From total jackass to retarded n00b asshole +1 EXP

MetallyGuitarded

He whom thou art not
LOL, I finally bought a piece of gear ( emphasis on 'piece' ) for the purpose of recording.

From recording via a SoundBlaster Live card I have moved 'up/back/sideways?' to a Behringer MX802a into the SoundBlaster Live. Wooo hooO!!!

It was really cheap, what can I say.

Thx for the encouragement. I read thru most of that thread. This mixer at least gives me the option of plugging in a guitar, mic or line in. Before all I had was an 1/8" stereo to dual mono 1/4" hosa cable. So I had 2 line in's to the soundblaster. Now I can at least plug in stuff with an approximate match of impedance and levels.

From what I read about the bigger Behringer multi mic pre I'm sure this thing I have is bottom of the barrel in terms of fidelity. Since I have no budget anyway I figure this will help teach me some basic, hard lessons. I already have a Shure SM-57 so now when I have friends over to write/record, we have not one but three shitty options. lol.

Last week alone I had 2 different friends over and we spent half our time trying to re-wire shit to get the right combo of monitoring and playback. I had to do something. Besides I had a Marshall Microstack head sitting here collecting dust, as most probably do and a near even trade was too good to pass up. Something useless for something usefull. I just wish this thing could stream 8 channels over USB.

Look for some awful tone clips soon fellas. Ha ha!

Recording with anything is better than nothing. Score for you I guess :D.

SO much truth in this statement.
I've spent 4 years recording through a usb 1.0 interface, utter shtifest like.
It sucked, but at least I had someting to record with it all! :D

Hey man, I recorded for quite a while using a behringer mixer -> radioshack rca to 1/4" adapter -> onboard soundcard on a 5 year old gateway. It sounded like complete garbage, but you've got to start somewhere! Just experiment, save up, and learn as much as you can with what you've got.