Frozen asleep in the park

witteijsbeer

Oct 20, 2008
Holland
Yesterday I was listening to this song in my car, and was wondering what the full story is behind the lyrics.

It´s apparently about drugs and the problems it brings to society. The old lady that once had a good life ended up as a drug addict.

Maybe Oddleif can shine some light on this??

Indeed, a very powerful song on all fronts.
I think its pretty much what you stated. It may be based on a true story or situation...we'll leave that up to Oddleif...?

It must be about homelesness and drugs mostly. I also love how it's a bit anti-media (Details revealed in the morning paper
Rumours spreading like fire in dry grass) in kind of a Nevermore-ish fashion. Definitely one of the best elements in Communic, how most of the lyrics actually just aren't thrown together for catchiness like in most metal.

Yep.
Communic definitely have a point or story to thier lyrics. I love "At Dewey Prime"! The music is great and the lyrics paint a wonderful picture.

Cool that you mention this song, its one of my favorites.
The story is taken from a normal busy city life, could have been anywhere in the world... you see homeless, drug-heads sitting in the city park, and everybody else is rushing of to work, trying to look past whatever happening, carrying about their own life - but we tend to forget that all these people has a family somewhere, and it seems like some tries to forget about what's going on right outside our own kitchen window - this family secret that we don't talk about, and don't want people to know about.

Even in a rich country like Norway we don't manage to shed some help to these people, even dough we spread tons of welfare to other countries and people in need...

"Never reveal the family secrets"

That complaint was rather popular in America a decade ago, that we don't help our own people. It's spoken of less now due to the "wars" we are fighting. I really like the rare high notes in this song.