What a great band

bst

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2009
Just wanted to say how much I love communic :)
Think my favourite album is Waves of Visual Decay, just because it sounds so emotional and yet so evil and sinister at the same time. Theres not a single song on there I don't like :D

I really like how talented the band is, how well everyone in it works together, and how much quality it oozes. What I especially like is how there are extreme moments of talent which can just fly by unnoticed, because its not presented in a grandiose "look what we can do" way, but fits seamlessly into the songs. Its just so good.

I like the new album but not as much as Waves, still damn good but theres something deeper and more atmospheric about Waves. The instrumentals and vocals really match the lyrics and story in the songs... I love how Watching it all Disppear sounds so lonely, Frozen Asleep in the Park sounds so chilling, ... could go on but I won't lol.

Some bits I really like and would want to see more of:
The start of Fooled by the Serpent, the very start... its a shame it ends so soon, its such a great sound :D Personally I would prefer if that merged more seamlessly with the song and evolved, and ended less abruptly. Its almost like the first 35 secs are part of a different song.

I like the start of most of the songs, they all start so well.. but what tends to happen is they explode, which is really cool I admit ;) but just for some songs I would like to see more flow, a more progressive feel. So they don't explode abruptly so much, like a fire which rises in intensity rather than a fuse which eventually sets off a bomb :>

Through the Labyrinth of years is probably a good example of what I would like to see more of, that kind of progression! Thats my overall favourite song on the new album.

For some reason Waves has a sound which puts it above the other two albums, I can't really put my finger on it but it just seems more complex, deeper, meaningful and emotional. The drums and guitars are sharper and clearer it seems, without being intrusive, Oddleif tends to hold vocal notes for longer aswell, and the lyrics connect better. Maybe its just me though.

But in the end its not my band and I'm no expert.. just saying what I think, what I like :) All I really hope for, is there is more to come! Thanks for producing 3 amazing albums Communic :worship:

I don't think I can improve on your statement, bst. I can absolutely agree with it. Waves was the first album I heard. The first album I hear by most bands tends to become my favorite.

I am very disappointed in myself for not going to ProgPower (since I live near Atlanta) when they were there. Actually didn't know about them until after that show.

I started listening to them when they were announced for ProgPower. I think Communic is an amazing band and they were great live. For 3 guys to make that much music is awesome. I listen to them almost every day.

This seems like a good thread to ask in, ive just started to listen to communic ive only heard The "Payment Of Existence" album. I like them so far and am wondering where to go from here, is there a must have communic album that i should get next?

Unfortunately there's not much to choose from. Both Waves of Visual Decay and Conspiracy In Mind are amazing, but Waves wins by a landslide, so I'd say get that first.