FS: ESP LTD H-1001FM w/ EMG's

MarcusGHedwig

Mar 21, 2010
New York
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I'm selling my beloved ESP LTD H-1001FM in Amber Cherry Sunburst, because I want to go to lower tunings (Bb) that I've discovered really are best played on a baritone guitar, so this one must find a new home. It has a mahogany body (with a flamed-maple veneer), a set-in maple neck, and as you can see, not only does it include the factory-installed TonePros locking bridge, I also added:

-Sperzel Locking Tuners (instead of the stock ESP brand locking tuners that they put on this model)
-EMG's in binding-matching creme (81TW in the bridge, 81 in the neck, all with solderless connections for easy swappability, as you can see in the control cavity pic)
-A three-way blade toggle
-A single push-pull (for the 81TW) volume knob, with the other hole capped
-Schaller Strap-locks (not pictured, but included)
-A Graph-Tech Black TUSQ XL nut, infused with teflon to eliminate pesky string binding

Cosmetically, it's in flawless condition, with two exceptions - first, when drilling the pilot hole for the screw to hold down the 9v battery clip (in the control cavity), I overestimated the thickness of the top wood and...came right through haha; however, as you can see, it's tiny, and I at least came through super-cleanly, so there's pretty much no cracking in the finish around it. And second, when routing out the control cavity, I nicked the finish in a small spot around the middle of the bottom of the cover plate, though as you can see in the pics its barely noticeable with the plate on.

Because of these issues, I'm willing to let it go at $530 shipped in the CONUS ($550 to Europe/SA) because it's worth way more thanks to the upgrades! And I will ship the guitar in the the pictured hard-shell case, which as you can see has definitely seen some use, but structurally is fully intact (no cracks or rips). Guitar is currently set-up for C# standard, 11-56 strings.

Pics viewable here, and here are some highlights:

1Guitar.jpg

2Body.jpg

3BodyClose.jpg

4Bodytop.jpg

6GuitarBack.jpg

5Headstock.jpg

0GuitarinCase.jpg

Or I'll sell it with a black EMG89 in the bridge (and no neck pickup, just the mounting ring and quick-connect plug for an 81, 85, 60, etc.) for $475 shipped CONUS/$500 shipped Europe/SA (but I personally think the ivory 81/81TW combo looks ridiculously sweet/classy :D)

And here's some DI's (and a backing track) that I recorded with it with new strings in C# standard, comparing the 81, 81TW, and 89 in the bridge (and I'll be re-amping them soon to do a proper shootout thread), it sounds and feels freakin' great in that tuning, I have to say!