FS: Event Opals

I used them all day yesterday and the tweeter blew out on one of them! Just a loud pop/crackle and it was done.

Glad they are still under warranty!

Do your guys woofers make a thud and have a lot of movement when you kill the power to them? I was trading emails with Event for a while about this, i lost track of them as it was 4-5 months ago. Also one of mine hums (normal noise that is talked about) and the one that blew the tweeter was dead quiet. This would always bug me that one was quiet and one was not. Do you guys have this problem as well?

The first series of Opals suffered from a much louder hum than the current ones. Also the woofers popped out like an inch when you turned them off. Event updated my Opals with the revised design, and both problems have been fixed. Still a tiny amount of hiss, though.

One of my tweeters was actually acting up a couple weeks ago, intermittently being noisy/silent, but it only did it for about 15 minutes upon firing it up for that particular session, and then it's been fine ever since. Mine are still under warranty as well, and I've exchanged e-mails with Event as well, so if the problem continues or the tweeter completely blows, I can just schedule a repair.

Neither if my speakers hum though, they're both extremely quiet. Also when I kill the power, the woofers hardly do anything at all.

I think I'm on my 3rd pair. The others had some bizarre tweeter noise issues as you guys described. I'm pretty sure they've nutted out the majority of that stuff with QC in the newer runs.

Sucks you had that experience, Joshua. I've had generally well-recommended gear go that way on me numerous times over the years.