FS: MESA BOOGIE Rectifier Recording Preamp + Rectifier Stereo 2: one hundred (FR/EU)

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Yes so finally I'm selling this awesome piece of gear. Why? Because I don't use it that much and need money for more important things to me like paying taxes, food, clothes, and a high-end monitoring Adam S3X-H pair with sub :)

This is top of the line gear but definitely not for everyone:
- the faint hearted (it's twice the power of a Dual Rectifier, and has the Road King channels possibilities),
- the amateurs (sorry but this is for serious or professional musicians/engineers, you won't play it in a bedroom or your neighbors will just kill you... if they survive the sound),
- the poor (yeah, it's not cheap)
- or the guys living outside of Europe (the shipping would be crazy, the power amp alone weights like a dead horse) should probably give up already.

So the whole thing is in PERFECT working and looking condition (except for one very little scratch that you can see on the "footswitch" picture). The amp has never been used to gig or rehearse, just in a non-smoking studio for reamping.

The sound of this amp is CRUSHING, absolutely monstrous. But what would you expect from Mesa anyway... Hand made in the USA.

The preamp is listed at 1790 euros on Thomann and the power amp 2333 euros. It comes with the footswitch (never been used, so it's like new), the original user manuals, 3 Planet Waves cables to connect the preamp to the poweramp, and a Gator 4U case (value around 80 euros). The tubes (Mesa, 6 x 12AX7 for the preamp and 8 x 6L6 + 3 x 12AX7 for the power amp) are in great conditions. So basically this is a 4200+ euros gig.

I'm asking 2500 euros for it.

EDIT: I have checked on the UPS website and it seems the shipping costs are not so bad for EU. For instance it's about 200 € for London (UK), 250 for Munich (Germany) and 350 for Athens (Greece). Of course this is just an estimation and the final price depends on the actual destination address, and the real weight and dimensions of the shipped box. So to help you out I decided to offer to cover half the shipping cost myself (max: 200 €) so you'd only have to pay the other half of it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Just out of absolutely insane curiosity how much would shipping this to Perth, Australia cost. If its still available when I get my tax back in a couple of months. Well lets just say that the preamp goes for $4000 here and the power amp $3500. So if I can get it here for lets see, less than $3500 its a better deal haha.

Edit: Don't want to start a "its not that expensive war" with Australians. I'm just going with the price Kosmic sound gave me over the phone.

Ahum... I knew this would be expensive but not THAT expensive... So, shipping with UPS ranges approximatively from 1100 euros to 1900 euros (depending on the delivery speed). So that alone is at least $1500 (australian dollars)...

That's actually not to terrible. There's no way I'm going to be able to afford this for a while but the way things are going with this sale it seems to be the same for everyone. Will let you know if I get my finances together / get my tax back!

Fuck by the time this gets bumped again I might be able to afford it! Sorry for bumping it again Brett, but hey its more advertising!

Ahum... I knew this would be expensive but not THAT expensive... So, shipping with UPS ranges approximatively from 1100 euros to 1900 euros (depending on the delivery speed). So that alone is at least $1500 (australian dollars)...

Buy a holiday trip to Australia for you and your girlfriend it will be cheaper as UPS

God the amp looks stunning. But there is no way I could justify or afford this :(
Hope someone buys it so I don't have to cry everytime I see the thread.

Out of curiousity, what camera did you use for the pictures Brett?

Yes someone buy it now :)

I have checked on the UPS website and it seems the shipping costs are not so bad for EU. For instance it's about 200 € for London (UK), 250 for Munich (Germany) and 350 for Athens (Greece). Of course this is just an estimation and the final price depends on the actual destination address, and the real weight and dimensions of the shipped box.

So to help you out I decided to offer to cover half the shipping cost myself (max: 200 €) so you'd only have to pay the other half of it.

Whoever gets this will love it. I had an identical setup when touring with my now defunct band. Tonal palette for days on end. Better know what sound you are looking for if you purchase this amp, otherwise you will always be exploring. Well, at least that's how it was for me for the 2.5 years I had it.