Feeler: Mesa Boogie rackmount (EU/FR)

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Hey guys,

I think I'm gonna sell my Mesa Boogie gear. Right now it's in the local Mesa workshop for revision and to make sure it's all perfectly fine. It's in perfect cosmetic condition (if I remember correctly but I'll post pictures when I'll get it back). So what is it that I sell?

RectoPreampFrtLgr.jpg

Mesa Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp

We know you won’t believe it …so STOP READING! Get your guitar, and go check out the new Recto Pre, direct through a console.

Still reading? Then here’s the deal:
There were several times we almost gave up. For three years we worked day and night to deliver the sound and feel of our legendary Dual and Triple Rectifier® stacks …direct to tape. All this time we watched a digital parade of “me-too modeling toys” try to seduce you. But we chose an alternative approach to modeling …it’s called REALITY.

In a classic guitar recording, what you hear is the sound of a tube pre-amp feeding a tube power amp, driving a speaker. Note that a tube amp and speaker share a magic and complex relationship because each affects the other as they constantly respond to changes in frequency and volume. And don’t forget, the cabinet also affects how the speaker moves as it pushes air at the microphone, reacting with the ambient characteristics of the room.

Got all that?

Now let’s try to recreate this process —sound and feel— leaving out everything except the pre-amp. Ouch! You can see why we almost gave up.

We’re not exactly sure how it works or even how we did it …only that we were determined to stuff a Recto® Stack in a two-space rack. And we didn’t stop ‘til it was over the top.

Meticulous layout insures consistent, quiet performance from a parts count exceeding many complete amplifiers.

If you want to be like the original, why not start with the original. And in fact we used the exact same parts and circuitry — making it killer for live too. Then we added extra recording tubes, six in total, five custom transformers, a gang of tuned inductors and our thirty years of tone-questing experience to duplicate on tape not just the sound—but the addictive feel of a Recto® stack mic’ed up in a great room.

Channel One alone will amaze you. We’ve added the Fat and Brit modes from the mighty Road King™ to create a truly powerful arsenal of clean and roots sounds. If you never used Channel Two’s amazing gain sounds, this Pre-Amp would be worth every dime just for it’s Channel One virtues alone. But trust us—there’s more, much more: Raw, Vintage and Modern roam gracefully through all the realms of subtle gain expression before reaching a mind-bending fury of high-gain Recto performance.

So don’t settle for less than the most recorded and revered amplifier in contemporary music. Now those sounds and more are instantly available—any time, anywhere at any volume level. Remember, only Mesa makes the authentic Recto®.

So next time you want to track, don’t get bogged down with hours of set up and miles of cable. Plug straight in to the Recto® Pre-Amp and get right to the heart of your playing—inspiration.

2-OneHundred-Front-LG.jpg

Mesa Boogie Rectifier Stereo 2: one hundred

Here it is for all you Recto® addicts:
a stereo pair of Hundred Watt power blocks straight from the Dual Rectifier® Solo Head.

If the 2:90 went to college, this deviant brother chose a rebellious life in rock ‘n roll. Exactly following the Dual Rectifier’s power amp circuitry, this two-space power house lets you build a stereo rack rig that faithfully delivers all the Recto’s heinous glory.

When driven by our Rectifier Recording® Pre-Amp, the Recto® 2:100™ transforms what otherwise would be a heralded studio icon into a raging wall of live Recto® fury. So true is the signal path that two separate sets of Input jacks are provided, one dedicated to our Recto Pre and the other set for different pre-amps and processors.

The 2:100 includes a Smart Power™ link so the Modern mode can be auto-triggered by the Recto Pre. Not for the timid or faint-of-heart, the power of aggression gives it the right to rule and crowns the Recto® 2:100™ - the king of coliseum crunch.

This is top of the line gear and definitely not for everyone:
- the faint hearted (it's twice the power of a Dual Rectifier),
- the amateurs (seriously this is for serious or professional musicians/engineers, you won't play it in a bedroom or your neighbors will just kill you... if they survive the sound),
- the poor (sorry but it's not cheap)
- or the guys living outside of Europe (the shipping would be crazy, the power amp weights like a dead horse) should probably give up already.

The sound of this amp is CRUSHING, absolutely monstrous. But what would you expect from Mesa anyway...

The preamp is listed at 1790 euros on Thomann and the power amp 2333 euros. So basically this is a 4K+ euros gig that I'm considering selling, probably around 3000 euros. The reason I'm selling it is that I don't use it much (it stayed in its flight case for years now) and I desperately need to quickly buy some high-end monitors (Adam S3X-H) costing 2200 € each (and I need two of those fuckers, haha).

So let's see if anyone here might be interested?

See my problem is this rig would go for about $8500 here. And our dollar is on parity with the US now. Unfortunately the preamp weighs as much as a dead horse and I live in Australia, and should probably use the money I have coming in for you know food and stuff.