Amplitube Mesa/Boogie announced

xphen0m

May 9, 2012
I knew something like this was coming. Last year, an AT update had a Mesa category that was greyed out, but a quickly released update removed that.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mesa/

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=6696

Goes on sale September 1st for $149, but the preorder now is for $99. I'm not a HUGE fan of Amplitube but I do like SOME of the models. I like the Orange stuff a lot and I like their ENGL models among a few others. I really like the stomps, too.

This update will have:

Amplifiers

Mark III™ Combo
Mark IV™ Combo
Dual Rectifier® Head
Triple Rectifier® Head
TransAtlantic® TA-30 Combo

Cabinets

1x12" Mark III™ Combo
1x12" Mark IV™ Combo
2x12" Rectifier® Horizontal
4x12" Recto® Traditional Slant
1x12" TransAtlantic® TA-30 Combo

What d'ya guys think? LePou's Lecto seems to be the king of the Mesa sims, though I haven't tried it too often. I hate Revalver's Recto sim (and this is coming from a big fan of Revalver) and Recabinet's modeled version may have been a modded version.

I'm definitely going to pre-order this. $99 within the next month is pretty manageable right now considering that I'm trying to save for the holiday season and I have to have bills and prostitution and alcohol and guns and my many other illegal off the charts things accounted for.

Okay I'm kidding about the illegal stuff.

I could be wrong but I think the upcoming Recabinet 4 update has one. I just hope that comes out soon (though I understand why it's taken so long)

Recabinet 4.1 will have 20 new expansion amp models available, including a IIC+ model, in addition to a IIB and IV model.

Not going to comment on IK other than to say that, as much as I feel that Mesa/Boogie have made many of my favorite amps of all time, the claim on the Amplitube site that they "...invented high-gain" is hilarious at best. Is a Plexi not high gain? Really? So, Van Halen's first record isn't high gain? Give me a break...

Recabinet 4.1 will have 20 new expansion amp models available, including a IIC+ model, in addition to a IIB and IV model.

NUyttbn.gif

WHEN?
sorry for offtopic

I may have to get this just for the Mark Series amps, damn. Hate waiting and paying more but I gotta hear them first in a good mix.

I'm a little curious about this Q&A (from KVR):

Amplitube owner said:
I'm curious as to how the version 4 upgrade path will work though. Will I be able to use my version 3 gear in version 4? Will it be like the iOS upgrade where if you owned it before, you get grandfathered in? How will it work?

IK Representative said:
We will cross that bridge in more detail when we come to it since pricing isn't where we are at with AmpliTube 4 yet but there should be an upgrade path for existing users.

If you paid money for gear under AT3 and then had to pay extra to make it work in AT4, I can see a LOT of unhappy customers.

I'm a little curious about this Q&A (from KVR):

If you paid money for gear under AT3 and then had to pay extra to make it work in AT4, I can see a LOT of unhappy customers.

The answer given there was about upgrade path PRICING. If you upgrade to AmpliTube 4 of course your previous gear will work.

Not going to comment on IK other than to say that, as much as I feel that Mesa/Boogie have made many of my favorite amps of all time, the claim on the Amplitube site that they "...invented high-gain" is hilarious at best. Is a Plexi not high gain? Really? So, Van Halen's first record isn't high gain? Give me a break...

Well shane a stock plexi is not high gain, eddie had to "push" the amp with a variac to get that tone.
Mesa was really the first company having a stock high gain amp (mark), marshall claimed they had a high gain amp (the 800) but it was really a heavy crunch, not high gain.
;)

Hyper gain is another story... soldano I guess...

Honeslty, I'm absolutely loving Amplitube Mesa/Boogie. It's easily their best amps that IK's ever put out.

I never trust something when Ola demos it. He makes literally EVERYTHING sound good.