FS: Peavey 5150 Slant Cabinet MINT CONDITION

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
I have a Peavey 5150 Slant Cabinet in dead mint condition. It's practically new and left my house once to bring to a friends to play music. The speakers have been worn in very nicely. This does not fart out or rattle at high volumes. $300 non-negotiable. This cab is a must for anyone who is a collector and is looking for a great condition out of production cab.

Pick up in Long Beach, New York, area code 11561.

I believe Gojira's "The Way of All Flesh" was a 5150 Cabinet. Aside from that, they don't make these suckers anymore. If anyone on this forum is a "collector" of gear and wants a matching cab for their head, now's the time to pick it up.

"Collectors" :lol: However, so this post doesn't totally sabotage the sale, I gotta be honest, I had a 5150 combo with stock speakers with which that I recorded tones I was pretty damn proud of; also, Daylight Dies' "Dismantling Devotion" was a Peavey Ultra cab, which I imagine has gotta be pretty similar, and I really dig that tone tbh - basically, IMO Peavey cabs really aren't that bad, they have a sweet crunch and if nothing else are decently enough made that dropping in 4 V30s would make it awesome!

I'm going to make clips soon and show you fellows what this cabinet is capable of. I will even A/B it with my Avatar and Mesa. My biggest issue with this cabinet, is that it is a slant cabinet. I will soon be owning 3 straight cabinets so the slant is out of place (no joke, I have some weird OCD and it just bothers me that this one is slanted).

These cabs are not as bad as people like to think. I'd take one of these over a 1960A for most applications. The construction is solid so you can always swap in v30's if you wish.

These cabs are not as bad as people like to think. I'd take one of these over a 1960A for most applications. The construction is solid so you can always swap in v30's if you wish.

Agreed! I would also take one of these over a 1960 anyday.

Greg, on a side note, did you mean to write "Mesa Traditional 4x12" in your sig? (rather than "Mesa Rectifier" or "Mesa Standard") Or did you sell your RAMMcab for a Traditional? Or have you had a Traditional this whole time and just called it a Recto cab to try to eliminate any bias I might have when clip-commenting? :loco:

Greg, on a side note, did you mean to write "Mesa Traditional 4x12" in your sig? (rather than "Mesa Rectifier" or "Mesa Standard") Or did you sell your RAMMcab for a Traditional? Or have you had a Traditional this whole time and just called it a Recto cab to try to eliminate any bias I might have when clip-commenting? :loco:

Haha, you're as sharp as a machete. TYPO. Let me fix that :saint:

Which makes me think......I really want a Mesa Standard 4x12.

And back on topic, someone buy this guys cab. Its a great cab!

My bad. I mean one of the traditional cabs or stiletto cabs. I get confused bc I am so used to calling mine an "oversized".

yo i sent you a PM dude.

is there much of a difference, though, between straight and angled cabs?

The angeled is a better all-around, since you can use it for live and it projects up a bit. Sneap actually mentioned the 5150 slant cab was his go-to live cabinet.