FS: Peavey 6505+ Head, Lexicon MPX G2, more...

what do you guys run your click from like a laptop and a litlle mixer or something??

Also do you ever lose your in-ear when you start headbanging and geting crazy?? My ear plugs will fly out sometimes when i get crazy that is why i ask.

Are you using normal "consumer" headphones, or the "pro" ones with foam around the speaker? If you use the normal ones, that could be why, they aren't really designed to stay in.

Are you using normal "consumer" headphones, or the "pro" ones with foam around the speaker? If you use the normal ones, that could be why, they aren't really designed to stay in.

I'm just talking about my ear plugs in general i never used a in-ear. My ear plugs will fly out when i head bang. I would love to wear ear plugs live but they won't stay in, but I'm using just cheap foam ones maybe i need some special ones or something?? Maybe someone could chime in:Smug:

Yea I'm pretty interested in the in-ear setup also please share more guys :worship:

Also do you ever lose your in-ear when you start headbanging and geting crazy?? My ear plugs will fly out sometimes when i get crazy that is why i ask.
tape those bad boys in there! haha..actually, that might look kinda funky though...

Maybe we could start a new thread on their complete in-ear-and-click-and-soundswitch-setup? That'd be interesting!

good idea.

I'm just talking about my ear plugs in general i never used a in-ear. My ear plugs will fly out when i head bang. I would love to wear ear plugs live but they won't stay in, but I'm using just cheap foam ones maybe i need some special ones or something?? Maybe someone could chime in:Smug:

Yea I'm pretty interested in the in-ear setup also please share more guys :worship:

What you need to keep em in your ears is a set of moulds made specifically to your ears.

I would love to wear ear plugs live but they won't stay in, but I'm using just cheap foam ones maybe i need some special ones or something??

Well, my earphones never fall out even with massive head banging while playing. But for my in-ears I only use the Shure E3s. Every couple songs I will reset them properly in my ear, but that's usually caused by the pull of the cord by my sweat-ridden body. I actually have a second set that I got brand new (Christmas present from mom) that I may sell, but then again, its nice to have a back-up.

Right now we're using a PowerBook G4 into a MOTU Traveler. We have two Shure PSM 400 systems and one PSM 200. Eventually we're all gonna be on 400s and E3 in-ears, because they rule!

With the Traveler, we're able to put a fair amount of things in the mix, although I am considering switching to (or adding) a MOTU 8 Pre so that we have some more ins. Ideally, we will mic everything ourselves with our own mics, and send things to the house with mic splitter boxes.

I've been thinking of doing the same route with my band. We have never played live without a Click track (we pretty much had to torture our drummer into submission on that) and our amps really aren't that great anyway. We were thinking of getting PodXT Lives for Guitars and one of those programmable Sans-amp for the bass. I can imagine that it would make gigging a whole lot easier not having lug around heads and cabs.
I can also feel your pain on having to sing/play guitar/switch channels thing. In some of our tunes I have to do the tap dancing act almost 10 in 4 minutes while trying to give a decent vocal and guitar perfomance. In this aspect MIDI switchable Virtual amps are the way to go.

One question though, why go for the HD 147 and not the PodXT Live? If you all are going to have in ear monitoring then there is no need to have a 4x12 screaming at you.

I've been thinking of doing the same route with my band. We have never played live without a Click track (we pretty much had to torture our drummer into submission on that) and our amps really aren't that great anyway. We were thinking of getting PodXT Lives for Guitars and one of those programmable Sans-amp for the bass. I can imagine that it would make gigging a whole lot easier not having lug around heads and cabs.
I can also feel your pain on having to sing/play guitar/switch channels thing. In some of our tunes I have to do the tap dancing act almost 10 in 4 minutes while trying to give a decent vocal and guitar perfomance. In this aspect MIDI switchable Virtual amps are the way to go.

One question though, why go for the HD 147 and not the PodXT Live? If you all are going to have in ear monitoring then there is no need to have a 4x12 screaming at you.

The 4x12 isn't for me, but our audience. We're playing small shitty clubs and we haven't found a good sound man yet. I don't want to depend on the PA for good tone until we're playing respectable venues (HOB, etc.) with our own handpicked sound man who we'll take on the road. By having a 4x12 on stage, I ensure that if nothing else, the guitars will sound good. :cool:

I agree with you in principle though, and if we were playing good venues with our own sound man, I would very likely just take my POD XT Live with me on the road.

Still, if anything were to go wrong with the in-ears (interference, etc)... it's nice to have some tone on the stage just in case...

Does the HD147 allow you to use both XLR and Power amp outputs at the same time? on the Live it has a selector switch which automaticaly disables the unselected output (does that make sense?).

By the way, if you didn't see it before, I think your music fukkin ROCKS!

Does the HD147 allow you to use both XLR and Power amp outputs at the same time? on the Live it has a selector switch which automaticaly disables the unselected output (does that make sense?).

By the way, if you didn't see it before, I think your music fukkin ROCKS!

Yeah, it actually has TWO XLR outputs, which is awesome, and it will power the cabs at the same time. Thanks for the compliments on our music! :headbang: