FS: Peavey 6505+ (only 6 hours left!)

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
Hey guys,

So I thought I'd let you know my auction is almost over, giving you Sneapsters a last chance to bid on this!

My Peavey 6505+ Auction

Amp works great still, has JJ/Tesla tubes on board in power and pre. Selling only to help me cover my expenses as I'm in the middle of buying a house. The silly part is that I'll probably just get another one in a few months, but for now here it is!

Happy bidding! :headbang:

UPDATE 11.27.07: I've re-listed it now since the original winning bidder was giving me scammer vibes.

Mein gott dude, $610?! You really must be desperate for cash, I sold my ancient 5150 combo for that price this past summer!

Mein gott dude, $610?! You really must be desperate for cash, I sold my ancient 5150 combo for that price this past summer!

I was actually surprised at how low it sold. I probably should have set a reserve. Usually I've done much better than this on eBay, people are getting surprisingly cheap lately and I've had a lot of auctions with reserves end without being sold, so I've adjusted my selling process a bit here and there. In the past, any auction where I started low and set no reserve skyrocketed wildly with a lot of people competing in the last day especially. Definitely the worst auction I've had and no, I'm not desperate for cash, actually just trying to make sure I have plenty of financial "padding" for a while, so this was very unexpected. Oh well... I did get a VERY good deal on this amp initially so I'm not too upset.

Well that's good, then, that it wasn't too much of a loss, though when you decide to get another, I can only hope you find someone else with a similarly good deal! I never bother with reserve prices (because as a bidder I absolutely despise them and almost never bid on auctions that have them), I just set the starting bid price to the absolute minimum I'd wanna get and put in a "buy it now" at my ideal; less chance of racking up the bids, granted, but no risk of, say, selling a mint 6505+ for $610 either! :loco:

A lot of it as to do with the time of the sale... in my experience, people don't have as much cash to drop around holidays, specifically the wintertime ones. There's a small surge right after, usually, and then it dies down for tax season.

I"m sure your an honest person but I dont think you should have said you toured with the amp,people just imagine the horrors of gear getting tossed around. I just sold my 6505 on Harmony Central for 700 quite easily,that being said Im sorry you didnt get what you should have.

Good news, for those of you who are interested...

The buyer and I have mutually agreed not to go through with the transaction, so I still have my 6505+ available and will be re-listing as soon as eBay credits me back. Thank you all for your tips and I will take them all into consideration with my new listing! :kickass:

Good news, for those of you who are interested...

The buyer and I have mutually agreed not to go through with the transaction, so I still have my 6505+ available and will be re-listing as soon as eBay credits me back. Thank you all for your tips and I will take them all into consideration with my new listing! :kickass:

What happend?

$600 is a bit low for the 6505+, seeing how it's a lot newer than the original 5150's...

however, if you're still willing to unload it for $600, i might be interested - it'd take some wrangling, but i think i could pull it off, and would be available to pickup locally.

Seriously, I ALWAYS put a buy it now on my auctions, cuz I know as a buyer that's what I always look for to save hassle

I as a buyer, always looked for BIN, because is a pain in the ass to wait for an auction to end, or to fight with some guy at the las moment, so BIN is a good way to go, with a reasonablel price