FTFD cover I did for mix/mastering practice

A.H.

Dec 1, 2010
There's a lot of room for improvement. Slap a ton of autotune on those clean vocals to begin with. That, or take some lessons or google "how to sing".
Guitars sound really small and thin.

First off mate you played it wrong :D
I figured it was close enough... I was just looking for something fun to mix and did most of the guitar parts in a single take and moved on, haha :bah: I was hoping for more mix oriented feedback. Thanks tho!

Ascendant said:
There's a lot of room for improvement. Slap a ton of autotune on those clean vocals to begin with. That, or take some lessons or google "how to sing".
Guitars sound really small and thin.
Is anything out of the tune besides the "now"? I've probably been listening to it too much to noticing anything minor at this point :ill: Guess, I'll just record all them again once I've practiced a bit more. Are they and the screams sitting well in the mix? Also gonna try quad tracking the rhythms parts and see if it thickens the guitars up in the right way. Thanks!

fatten that tone, maybe increase the hardness on your drums. sound pretty weak, maybe some compression.

Ok I went and overdubbed all the rhythm guitars with a higher-gain, higher low end tone and did some adjusting to the drums (limiter on the drum bus and messed with the kick and OH EQ a bit. I also raised the parallel compression a bit).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16210823/FTFD-StrangeFaces-Full-mix5.mp3

I'm going to try and redo all the clean vocals tomorrow. I can almost do them an octave up at this point, so we'll see how that goes.

Yeh the singing is some of the worst i have ever heard...yeh do a higher octave.....I mean you can still have the lower octave but mix that in with the higher octave.....But first you got to get them in Key if your gonna be layering vocals like that