Multi for mix practice

id like to take a crack at this mix,can it be uploaded without the google shit, im not signed up, thanks if any one can help,i already have the OHs

Thanks for the tracks! Song is good, quality of the tracks are great :)

Here is my 1st draft

You might wanna turn the volume up a bit. There is nothing on the masterbus except some compression

Sounds nice. I'm digging the snare. It's a sample right?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2764370/End-Mixdown-02.mp3

Nice track, was fun to mix this.
This is my first version, no fancy stuff yet, still in progress ;)
Guitar sounds odd. Almost like there is two impulses after each other. The vocals are very loud.

Guitars are too loud and middy. Fix this so we may here the rest of the band. :)

Thought I'd have a crack at this today :) Fun stuff!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/Sneap Band - Mix1.mp3
I'm digging the lowend the bass has. How did you create that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my version: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/933491/End Trax.mp3
I went for the natural route like I do with most of these mixing practices. I got a slight aha-moment with the gate this time though; never completely gate the drum tracks. Especially with snares, I like to compress them relatively much to get some snap out of them and that means that the bleed will be almost equally loud as the snare. The initial thought is to gate that shit so it disappears, but the bleed during the release time will always be heard unless the gate is set to a very short release time and this bleed will give a slight pumping feel or similar. The solution is to gate just so much that it doesn't add audible pumping. Yes, there will be slight bleed but it isn't as much as before without it.
May be a obvious thing for some but it is a very pleasant journey to work without bleed, that's why it is so easy to get carried away.

Had a quick listen through the mixes posted. Sounding good.
I have been up to my ears preparing a course so have not had a chance to really take notes or anything.
I would love to know more about the mixes, specifically if you have used the supplied recto tracks or what has been used instead.
I will try to upload the Mesa MK4 tracks I re-amped for my mix if I get a chance. They sit great in just the right frequencies.

Just on gating, using the triggers to open a gate on the snare and tom tracks makes life very easy! Just put a gate on the snare, for example, and set the key or side chain as the trigger and set release time so the decay sounds good.

Sounds nice. I'm digging the snare. It's a sample right?

Guitar sounds odd. Almost like there is two impulses after each other. The vocals are very loud.

Guitars are too loud and middy. Fix this so we may here the rest of the band. :)

I'm digging the lowend the bass has. How did you create that?

Cheers dude. Umm, let's see. The bass is actually 1 track. Reamped through a Sansamp PSA1. Then... 2 eq's, CLA 1176 comp and a limiter on the end :)

That's about it :)