FU! Always check your headphones guys...

Oh man that's not funny at all. My girlfriend hates cockroach and actually touching one makes her shriek and go into shock. You can imagine her reaction when she put the headphones on and after getting tickled realized there's a German cockroach inside. I almost got a heart attack when I heard her and it took me a time to find out what had actually happened.

Yeah, that's most certainly an earwig! It's a myth indeed that they have anything to do with ears, you just happen to have coincidentally manifested a stereotype :lol:

But they are called earwigs for a reason.. they do like to crawl in to ears. ;)
But as already established, they wont harm you apart from the psychological trauma caused by having one of those nasty little things crawling on you. :lol:

I think they're more of a problem for pets and such as far as damage they can do to the inside of your ear ...

just found a dead one smashed to pieces in my apartment a week ago .. my cat doesn't fuck around ;)

But they are called earwigs for a reason.. they do like to crawl in to ears. ;)
But as already established, they wont harm you apart from the psychological trauma caused by having one of those nasty little things crawling on you. :lol:

No they are not... They are called earwigs because they were used as a medicine for ear problems in the past. They don´t crawl into anyones ears, its a myth.

They're so common here in Oz in the summer. Fucking dozens of them everywhere.... everryyyywheerreeeeeeeeee it's an earwig, not a cockroach.

Maybe on your side of the city:lol:
I cannot recall having seen an earwig any time this year..
I tend to see at least 4 of those crazy jumping spiders inside my house a month though, really weird.

there are millions of them where I live..just turn a stone and you'll find a dozen...pretty much under EVERY stone.
completely harmless though (used to play with them when I was a kid).
still, wouldn't wanna have one of them in my cans, but as long as you don't store your headphones in your basement you should be fine.

their german name is "Ohrenkneifer" (ear pincher) or "Ohrwurm" (ear worm), which is quite interesting in this context, cause an "Ohrwurm" also is a very catchy song that sticks to your head all fucking day long.
so in this case listening on headphones can give you two types of "ear worms" ;)

there are millions of them where I live..just turn a stone and you'll find a dozen...pretty much under EVERY stone.
completely harmless though (used to play with them when I was a kid).
still, wouldn't wanna have one of them in my cans, but as long as you don't store your headphones in your basement you should be fine.

their german name is "Ohrenkneifer" (ear pincher) or "Ohrwurm" (ear worm), which is quite interesting in this context, cause an "Ohrwurm" also is a very catchy song that sticks to your head all fucking day long.
so in this case listening on headphones can give you two types of "ear worms" ;)

That bass riff!!!!

these things are everywhere though, surprised some of you have never seen them

this thread made remember of a small bug we have in some rivers here in the Amazon Forest, in Brazil. This bug likes to enter in any small hole they find, so usually when people are swiming on the rivers, they go inside looser underwear/bath clothes and get inside the penis. THe problem is, once there, they have some sort of nails that, if you try to pull them, they cut the inside of your penis. The only way to remove them is by surgery. THis is dead serious, but has nothing to do with this thread haha

I had something similar happen when I was little. Try waking up, hungover at 6am Sunday morning, stung right in your ear canal by a very pissed off wasp. I wear earplugs to sleep now...

No they are not... They are called earwigs because they were used as a medicine for ear problems in the past. They don´t crawl into anyones ears, its a myth.

.. ive had one in my ear like 2 times, and allot of friends have experienced it as well so ..

earwig1.gif

Has it been mentionned that these are not cockroaches?
:lol:

Is it a distant relative of the fish/parasite that swims up your piss-stream and lays its eggs in your balls?

Actually, you're right, it is really a fish. This is it : http://www.mdig.com.br/index.php?itemid=2711
http://www.institutodeurologia-as.com.br/index/candiru_02.asp
http://www.institutodeurologia-as.com.br/index/candiru_03.asp

The curiosity, is that it can be as long as 8-something inches (22cm). Heck, this shit is longer than my shlong, it should really hurt as fuck.

.. ive had one in my ear like 2 times, and allot of friends have experienced it as well so ..

It's similar to their natural habitat, which is anywhere dark and damp. They have that flat, almost oblong shape because it suits crawling under bark and paving slabs etc. It's no more common than any other insect getting into people's ears. In fact more people moan about spiders than these fuckers, it's just got an incidental name that makes the stereotype get perpetuated.

There was story once on TV where kid had chronic pain in one of his ears. Turned out some spider made a nest there and laid some eggs too... :ill:

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!?!?!?
I checked my HPs today before puting them on...were listening for an half an hour or so... and then again...a fucking EARWIG came out ... WHO WANTS TO BUY THOSE FUCKING EARWIGPHONES?!?!?!!?!?!?!? i give u 10€ to take them off me! rly...what the fuck...i hate this time of year...fucking bugs and spiders all over the fucking house....