Fuck Blind Guardian! Symphony X rules!

Originally posted by Snowmaker
But that's in Georgia! I want to see a Prog Power Tour!! Like an Ozzfest of prog!!

Well I don't know how likely that is to happen, so my advice is start saving up now. :) Trust me, it is well worth the trip. Everyone there is very nice as well.

It seems that a lot of the "Prog" artists are in general, nice people. Accomodating to their fans. I sat backstage with the memebers of the OZRIC TENTACLES in Milwaukee 2 years ago BEFORE their show for about a half hour. They were very nice and seemed just as interested in me as I was in them. Especially the smokin' leader/guitarist of the band, Ed Wynne. It was like partying with friends. I've also read a lot of nice things about YES and Dream Theater amongst others. Maybe it's the music, the attitude on life or whatever...maybe everyone's stoned and happy, I don't know. Most of the people that follow these good bands are also decent people. But, whatever....carry on!

And SymphX look so mean in their photo's! That's the ironic part. I guess they have to look the "metal role". They just wouldn't look right in white leather, now would they?

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Why is it always in Atlanta, Georgia anyways??

I believe because Glenn (the guy who puts it all together) lives there. And as far as I'm concerned, he can have it wherever he wants. ProgPower is pretty much the greatest invention on earth, except for metal itself! :)

Originally posted by cosmic weatherdude
They just wouldn't look right in white leather, now would they?

I think they should do it, and take a picture, just so we can see it.

Or how about Russ wearing those David Lee Roth pants with the naked butt showing through?

Or Freddy Mercury's striped leotards?

They could take a series of pictures like that, in famous silly band outfits, and include it as part of the booklet in the special edition of their next release.

:lol: I forgot about this thread. Some of you need to relax, big time. And how Ironic that Im told to get a life when I dont even have 75 posts on this BB or 10 on the BG. Infact, at all the BBs I post on, I havent gotten 100. Get a life... :lol: jealousy, jealosuy, its alllllllll good.

Originally posted by Vertigo
:lol: I forgot about this thread. Some of you need to relax, big time. And how Ironic that Im told to get a life when I dont even have 75 posts on this BB or 10 on the BG. Infact, at all the BBs I post on, I havent gotten 100. Get a life... :lol: jealousy, jealosuy, its alllllllll good.

:lol: :lol: Yes the irony, ironic isn't it that I was the one that posted the get a life thing and it was a joke :lol: who needs to relax now eh buddy?oh and I have a way larger post count than you but at least I have the decency of not going to B-boards and posting shit of other people that I don't know. Oh and jealousy? hahaha you don't know me :p now who needs to get a life? :lol:

I'll stop now :p

I just wanted to say i caught symphony x and blind guardian in seattle on wednesday (2 nights ago) and they were awesome. my girlfriend and i were out there 7 hours before the door opened with our symphony x shirts on (yes, we had them BEFORE THE SHOW!!!! damn hard to get though... and expensive) in hopes of meeting the guys. Lepond came out first after about a half hour of waiting and he talked with us for a while, then later rullo came out. They were both cool as all hell. Then pinnella came out followed by russ. I asked russ to sign my cds, but there was a bit of rain and my pen didn't work, but he looked all over the venue and the bus for a pen! Just so sign my cds... that was the third nicest gesture i have ever recieved... the top two are coming up! The second was when he invited us on the bus to talk, and we spent about 10 minutes just chatting about the tour and all that. While they were playing, lepond and russ kept smiling at us and made us feel like it was a real personal thing... then after the show (after buying 100 bucks worth of symphony x merch!!!) i went outside and saw the band all standing out talking to fans. Russ was signing stuff and talking to people, and i didn't expect anything, but he did the nicest thing anyone has ever done. I went up and tapped him on the shoulder and just said "hey, i really appreciate you hanging out with us. That was really cool of you man" and he said "hey, no problem! just hang on one sec... i will come hang out with you guys... or do you have to get going?" and i just said "no, i can wait!" so he hung out with us for a long time just talking about everything from the band to christina agulara (don't ask about that one lol). Then we went to let lepond know how much he was appreciated for hanging out with us and just being a cool dude. We talked to him for a while as well. The guys in Symphony x are the greatest bunch of people. I have to say they were much cooler in concert and much more receptive to the fans than BG, but to be fair to BG, their tourbus broke down that night (you have probly heard by now) and they looked exhausted, but a few of them still hung out with the fans and signed. I got hansi to sign my Blind guardian shirt i got from Wacken this year (we briefly discussed the fest) but i was more interested in chatting with Lepond, and hansi looked absolutely beat (poor guy!!!). To wrap up the night, my girlfriend and i went to say bye to russ and thank him again for really hanging out with us, and he gave my girlfriend a big hug and was just a great guy. I couldn't ask for a better experiance!!!!

Originally posted by theodyssey
I just wanted to say i caught symphony x and blind guardian in seattle on wednesday (2 nights ago) and they were awesome. my girlfriend and i were out there 7 hours before the door opened with our symphony x shirts on (yes, we had them BEFORE THE SHOW!!!! damn hard to get though... and expensive) in hopes of meeting the guys. Lepond came out first after about a half hour of waiting and he talked with us for a while, then later rullo came out. They were both cool as all hell. Then pinnella came out followed by russ. I asked russ to sign my cds, but there was a bit of rain and my pen didn't work, but he looked all over the venue and the bus for a pen! Just so sign my cds... that was the third nicest gesture i have ever recieved... the top two are coming up! The second was when he invited us on the bus to talk, and we spent about 10 minutes just chatting about the tour and all that. While they were playing, lepond and russ kept smiling at us and made us feel like it was a real personal thing... then after the show (after buying 100 bucks worth of symphony x merch!!!) i went outside and saw the band all standing out talking to fans. Russ was signing stuff and talking to people, and i didn't expect anything, but he did the nicest thing anyone has ever done. I went up and tapped him on the shoulder and just said "hey, i really appreciate you hanging out with us. That was really cool of you man" and he said "hey, no problem! just hang on one sec... i will come hang out with you guys... or do you have to get going?" and i just said "no, i can wait!" so he hung out with us for a long time just talking about everything from the band to christina agulara (don't ask about that one lol). Then we went to let lepond know how much he was appreciated for hanging out with us and just being a cool dude. We talked to him for a while as well. The guys in Symphony x are the greatest bunch of people. I have to say they were much cooler in concert and much more receptive to the fans than BG, but to be fair to BG, their tourbus broke down that night (you have probly heard by now) and they looked exhausted, but a few of them still hung out with the fans and signed. I got hansi to sign my Blind guardian shirt i got from Wacken this year (we briefly discussed the fest) but i was more interested in chatting with Lepond, and hansi looked absolutely beat (poor guy!!!). To wrap up the night, my girlfriend and i went to say bye to russ and thank him again for really hanging out with us, and he gave my girlfriend a big hug and was just a great guy. I couldn't ask for a better experiance!!!!

That's a GREAT story!!!!!

Hey, there was a post about you on the blind guardian forum i believe. :p

7 hours!! that's dedication. Did you see me after the show? I was the asian kid who made the symphony x guys sign my super nintendo game.