Fuck Blind Guardian! Symphony X rules!

Let it go? Im just responding to what people say, just like Im doing now, so by replying that constitutes not letting it go? Fucking moron.

Lets see, Im going about this ignorantly fustiar when your the one who cant read properly. I said The roadies packed all their shit and the band took off maybe an hour after the show was canceled. Just bailed. Hardly anyone met the members and got pictures. I didnt say NO one! And I know it was the Webmaster who said that shit! But its his statements that reflect BGs state of mind since hes in contact with them. And I dont hate BG. Far from it...

:lol: Anyway this is fucking hilarious. I knew people would end up wetting their huggies over a thread.

Originally posted by Vertigo
Let it go? Im just responding to what people say, just like Im doing now, so by replying that constitutes not letting it go? Fucking moron.

Lets see, Im going about this ignorantly fustiar when your the one who cant read properly. I said The roadies packed all their shit and the band took off maybe an hour after the show was canceled. Just bailed. Hardly anyone met the members and got pictures. I didnt say NO one! And I know it was the Webmaster who said that shit! But its his statements that reflect BGs state of mind since hes in contact with them. And I dont hate BG. Far from it...

:lol: Anyway this is fucking hilarious. I knew people would end up wetting their huggies over a thread.

Let the shit go already :rolleyes: do you even know the guys? they are serious musicians, that's their fucking work :rolleyes: they aren't there to take pictures with people and kiss their asses:rolleyes: they work their asses off to make the music isn't that good enough for you? they have to make long tours, rehearse and play for the fans and they still have to take pictures with the fans and sign their CD's?:rolleyes: If syx hang with their fans that's kickass, great, awesome :headbang: but neither they or BG have to do it. If you don't know the guys and you don't even know what crossed their minds please shut the fuck up before Judging them and insulting other people on this board :) .

Man, I agree. It's great the band spent time, and for whatever reason(s), it's too bad the BG guys didn't hang around. There was disappointment, but this post overall is not good (title? :eek: )
I'm beginning to think it was posted just to get reactions and get people riled up. RE: Anyway this is fucking hilarious. I knew people would end up wetting their huggies over a thread.
There would be more than wet huggies if this thread title was posted on the BG Forum. :eek:

I was at the Detroit show. All the great things said about SX appear true. I just hope its not just all an act to gain U.S. fans until they get big here (I doubt it). Anyway, here is my review:

Well, I went to the show, and all I can say is, .... I SHOOK RUSSELL ALLEN'S HAND!!

Actually, the place we were at was such a small little dump (St. Andrew's Hall), 1 bus was out front and I guess Blind Guardian's bus was in back. Symphony X came in the front door and brushed right passed me before I even knew it was them. They came out the same way afterwards and I'm sure they just wanted to get back to the bus and relax, so to Michael Romeo I just said; "Michael, great show!" and he said "Thanks". Russell came out last with a towel over his head like a boxer after a fight. I just shouted "Russell" he turned, shook my hand, and I said; "You made it well worth the wait." He said "Thank you" and I thanked him for finally coming to Detroit.

As for a review of the show, the opening band, Black Dahlia Murder(??) was a combination of Death Metal and crap! I don't know where they picked them up at.

Keeping in mind that I am a big fan of both Symphony X and Blind Guardian (I've been a SX fan just a little longer), I really have to say that Symphony X stole the show. They sounded better, their stage presence was better; Russell's interaction with the crowd was the best I've ever seen. He is a funny guy. There was even some harmless Red Wings/Devils banter back and forth (since they are from New Jersey. My brother wore his NJ Devils jersey, but they didn't notice). I also have to say that it seemed about 1/3 of what must have been 4 hundred people max left after Symphony X.

Blind Guardian was good, but I think they definitely sound a lot better on the CDs. Their music was so loud you could barely hear Hansi's vocals. He was pretty good with the crowd too. They only did 1 encore song, Mirror, Mirror and it seemed their set list was shorter that others I've seen posted. After they finished they threw out about 1/2 a dozen drum sticks and a few drum heads, but did not come out afterwards because we were all being ushered out by the staff. But, I'm glad I stuck around till the end. My ears are still ringing a little.

And I was the only one there in a Vanden Plas T-shirt!!

Well, in Blind Guardian's defense, they *are* sick. I was at both the Detroit and Cleveland shows and the band did not look well. In Detroit, Hansi was out in front of the BG tour bus in the snow signing autographs for every person who asked - one guy had about 30 things to sign and he signed each and every one of them. He was coughing a lot and when asked where the rest of the band was, he said they already got on the bus to get warm. In Cleveland it was 2 degrees outside, but this time all of the band took the time to sign stuff and shake everyone's hand. Andre mentioned that the whole band was sick - he sounded horrible and didn't look good. He and the others were very gracious, and Hansi recognized me from Detroit and thanked me for traveling so far. In Texas it could well have been a combination of their being sick, the frustration of nothing going right, and them just being tired and wanting to relax. I realise it's disapointing for a show to be cancelled and it would be nicer if the band were around to make up for it, but I do think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Symphony X hung out by their merchandize table for a little while after the Detroit show, and were also very nice, Russ Allen and Jason Rullo especially. But in Cleveland they were no where to be found. Maybe *they* were tired after that show and wanted to rest.

The tour's not a competition, folks..let's not make it one. Each band has their fans, & each band has people who aren't fans. Each band has their own way of operating, & trust me, both do their best to be available for their fans whenever possible. Failing to do so on one night doesn't make them bad..it makes them human..touring is tiring sh*t. Cut them some slack.

Hey why havent you deleted this forum yet? I mean it was orginaly meant to bash Blind Guardian! Damnit i made one actualy bashing a annoying crappy band. I guess i got to make one bashing actualy talented bands. I guess then i should bash black sabbath cuz they are old or something petty ;)

Originally posted by Pharoah
Man, I agree. It's great the band spent time, and for whatever reason(s), it's too bad the BG guys didn't hang around. There was disappointment, but this post overall is not good (title? :eek: )
I'm beginning to think it was posted just to get reactions and get people riled up. RE: Anyway this is fucking hilarious. I knew people would end up wetting their huggies over a thread.
There would be more than wet huggies if this thread title was posted on the BG Forum. :eek:

:lol: I agree, if the original post was posted on the BG board there would be some flames flying over that board :devil: :lol:

Anyway I agree and people that do this are usually insecure and immature, I mean who the fuck cares if the BG guys don't sign CD's or hang out with the fans? they are there to play music not to kiss people's asses and if they do hang out with their fans that's awesome but let's not judge people because they don't ''hang out'' with us.

''Wonders where the heck all this whiner's came from :rolleyes:''

Originally posted by Warrior of Ice
oh yes Note Domo-Kun Killing the poor little kittin!
But remember:
godkills.jpg

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Ahhh! How did I miss that!?! You mean after BG was done??

Yep, after BG was done. They were standing right by the table so I started talking to them. I talked with Jason about this being their first US tour but they're from New Jersey, and he said they were excited and a little nervous about it. Very humble and nice person. When I shook Russ's hand and was telling him how much I liked the show, he asked me name and then said "my name is Russ" like he didn't think I knew who he was. :) Very down to earth. It's so amazing to me - this guy is one of the best live singers I've ever heard, and yet we just got to stand around and chat. On the other hand, hell would probably freeze over before I got the opportunity to talk to any number of "artists" topping the charts these days who Russ Allen could probably sing circles around without breaking a sweat. It just seems backwards!

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Now I'm sad. I swear I looked over at the T-shirt wall as I was walking out and did not even see the guys over there. :(

Next time! I'm sure they'll be touring here again. There are rumors that they might be at next year's ProgPower, and if that's the case, i'm sure they'll definitely hang out with fans there. I'd certainly like to hear a longer set from them!