DrumRman hangs with Symphony X (pics and set list too)

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Well, just got home from the Symphony X show in Worcester MA. Let me say SX blew the fuckin roof off the joint in a 45 minute killer set. They played the following tunes not sure of exact order...

Evolution
Wicked
King Of Terrors
Sea Of Lies
Egypt
Death Of Balance
Of Sins And Shadows
Smoke And Mirrors

After SX we stuck around to hear Blind Guardian start up, and they kicked off with Into The Storm. No offense but I thought Blind Guardian sucked. SX just ate em up for breakfast.

So we decide to head out to drink some more brews, and who do we run into? The SX boys!! Let me say that Romeo is one hell of a guy. They all were down to Earth, and awesome to meet. Evil even got to buy the boys a round of drinks! How fuckin cool is that?

Anyways, heres some pics of yours truly (Im on the right), and Evil hangin with the SX boys.

JCEVILSX0.jpg

JCEVILSX00.jpg

JCEVILSX000.jpg

JCEVILSX0000.jpg

JCEVILSX00000.jpg

Thats awesome!! Nice pics, but where was Mike Pinella? I could only dream of meeting them. And I had a feeling that they were going to upstage Blind Gaurdian, musically they are no match for SX.

Originally posted by The Yngster
Thats awesome!! Nice pics, but where was Mike Pinella? I could only dream of meeting them. And I had a feeling that they were going to upstage Blind Gaurdian, musically they are no match for SX.

If you look in the 2nd pic and then to the left, you will see Pinella lookin over LOL.

Originally posted by Dado-x
Hey DrumRman, you look like Russel's twin brother! :eek:
That's what I tought when I saw the foto:lol:
great pics DrumRman thanks, looks like you were having a blast out there :headbang:

yeah i waited by the exit door, and eventually i got them all to sign next to their respective pictures in the V booklet :D Rullo was out first, and wandered around a lot before the three mikes came out and then went into that pub where you met them. russell took forever to leave the palladium but it was worth the wait :)

i was surprised it was just five (heh) of us waiting by the exit door after the show. the response of the crowd was awesome though so hopefully theyll be back soon.

luck bastard DrumRman :) I was at the worcester show last night too..fuckin awesome, i just wished sx played longer. Is that pub that irish place that was across the street..man, if i knew sx was gonna be there i wouldn't of hung around to watch bg. Anyways, did u happen to find out anything about a tour in January?

Originally posted by deadnight
luck bastard DrumRman :) I was at the worcester show last night too..fuckin awesome, i just wished sx played longer. Is that pub that irish place that was across the street..man, if i knew sx was gonna be there i wouldn't of hung around to watch bg. Anyways, did u happen to find out anything about a tour in January?

Yup the place right across the street from the Palladium! After 1 BG tune I had enough. They totally arent for me. So we went to grab some beers and then head back to maybe meet SX. How cool that when we left to get beers, all the SX guys were headin over too! Russell came in later, but we got to bug em!

All the SX guys are AWESOME esp Romeo, and Allen. Super nice, super friendly. What a fuckin night it was!

They wanna come back to headline, but no specifics yet!

Japanese Odyssey WILL have an extra track!