fuck.... my life

beyond dead

heavy metal dad \m/
Sep 26, 2007
peterborough, ontario, canada
So I had a little dealio going. I was selling my marshall 1960 cab and buying a mesa rectifier cab. dude came over to buy the cab just as the other dude called to tell me he is not sure he wants to sell the cab separate from his roadking head, that he is asking way too much for. and he NEVER plays it, and says he dont like it.

like he has the thing on kijiji, and he says he will sell the cab separately in his add. on top of that we are buddies.

I`m pissed, cause I know he will call me in a couple days saying "oh I want to sell it now" and my buyer will have already got a cab somewhere else.

or I sell my cab, and buddy wont want to sell the mesa any more and im stuck with no cab.

FML

yeah, not the first time he has screwed me on a deal. he had a boss noise gate he was going to sell my buddy, but my buddy didnt have the cash, I told him that if my buddy doesnt buy it, I will and I would have the cash no matter what.

so buddy goes and sells it on kijiji for 30 bucks

what a douche!

I could be without the cab a few days no probs, Im just not sure he will sell the cab, so I may find myself without a cab. Then I would need to either wait and hope another used cab comes around, or save a couple hundred bucks for a new cab.

unfortunately, i`m poor, so I`ll probably end up spending the money from the cab, and have nothing :(

Ah yes, THAT I can relate too - just happened with my Dual Rec unfortunately! :cry: (mostly for car repairs arrggghhh, though at least I have a job though, so the Roadster is still squarely in my sights!)

i would sell the cab and proactively look for another one while raggin on your friend to close the deal. in this economic downturn its unfortunate that alot of people are having to let go of their favorite toys. but if you keep your eyes out, you might be able to benefit and snatch a great deal

jrt 12: hey man, thats the most useful reply yet. maybe I should let go of it, lock my money away,and keep my eyes peeled for another cab.

marcus: just to let you know, he has a road king head, and recto oversized cab, he never uses it, it just sits there collecting dust. its practically brand new. Its hard for me to sleep at night knowing that this guy lives down the street lol.

np man, hope it works out. its sad, but these days alot of people are having to make some tough choices come the end of each month. good luck!