Fuck the Melbourne Cup

I don't know if anyone else watched the next 10 minutes or so after the race where they were showing shots of the jockey and interviewing him, but it was frickin hilarious

ceydn said:
It's like a Grand Final day for the footy or something, you're meant to have a great day!

the thing is some people actually care about the footy most of the season... like watch it week in week out, or a game every few weeks or whatever.... most of the poeple interested in the melbourne cup don't give a rats about horse racing the rest of the year, it's only on this one day! ;)

I avoided it on purpose, but ended up seeing part of it on the news later on. I'm sure I'd have a good day if I went there, got pissed and had a good perve (though there were loads of good chicks in St Kilda on Saturday night who'd been to the races that day, so why not just go to the Espy?), but failing that I don't want a bar of it.

I came out even. Spent 6 bucks for 3 horses in a sweep, one of them came third, won 6 bucks. But I did drink someone else's beer, so I guess I came out ahead at the end. :)

Yeah but it's still a bit of a break, adds some excitement to the day.

We all brought in food and made a bit of a party out of it. 10 minutes turned into 40. Top stuff.