FUCK YES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoahmaru

May 5, 2005
ahhhhhh Opeth video!!!! twisted, nurses?!?! Mikael Akerfeldt??!?

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

"Opeth has recorded a music video in Los Angeles for the track "The Grand Conjuration". Rumour says that it will contain nurses and be quite twisted. You just have to wait and see..."

Opeth.com

Midwinter_melancholY said:
Fuck no. Is this the new generation of Opeth-fans that need video's for their songs?

Nobody said we needed them, i always thought it would be a great idea...
I dont understand why the fuck people think making a music video is being a "sellout" people are to fucking obessed with this damn mainstream paranoia that it clouded everything.... The only reason opeth signed with roadrunner was so everyone could buy a fucking copy on august the 30th wherever opeth fans maybe....

and I have been a fan since morningrise, by the way...

I don't think it's a great idea, and it doesn't bother me they are growing into the mainstream (I'm sure the band will stick to its own principles and will never make music that has to be digestable by the masses. But a video clip with nurses in Los Angeles, come on. A videoclip (like that) isn't worth Opeth. They deserve the best and if I can choose between a Opeth-video with nurses in a presumably mental institution or the Opeth-concept sticking with the imagination of their fans, I'll go for the second one.

Definitly.

Décadent said:
Good music does not need pictures.

My word to that!

The clip is for the american market. After all: Damnation got into the billboard and a videoclip may cause this giant leap for Opeth. Still, I will be mourning on the day it's shown on MTV(2) or TMF. Pearls for pigs, as we would say in Belgium.

Midwinter_melancholY said:
The clip is for the american market. After all: Damnation got into the billboard and a videoclip may cause this giant leap for Opeth. Still, I will be mourning on the day it's shown on MTV(2) or TMF. Pearls for pigs, as we would say in Belgium.
MTV or TMF? Lol, those two channels don't even have a usual Rock-programme anymore. Rockzone got removed from MTV a month ago or so...
I doubt we'll see it on tv in the Benelux.

Anyway, I hope they'll be making a long video, in the non-edited way. Just a complete song and not pieces cut out of it here and there, that sucks.

Ha wow, twisted, with nurses!! Haha I can see Mikael laying on a hospital bed, getting sedated by some freaky nurse. Then he starts to dream about slaying her or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.