Fuckin Cheeky Bastards (I sent a question to BEBO)

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
As the above question refers, I have noticed that most bands within BEBO have a gold bar stating that it is the official band page and I would like to enquire how I go about getting one

I am the Moderator for the official EVILE band page, it was originally created by Ol Drake whom is the lead guitarist of the band and he has handed over the reins of responsibility to me

I have posted below, the official EVILE website links section so you can see for yourselves that it is recorded on their website that they have an official BEBO page

http://www.evile.co.uk/links/

Obviously when you click on the link for the BEBO page, you will find me (SLATANICTRASH) as the moderator, thus verifying my identification and I would like your assistance on how to obtain the Official Gold Bar for the EVILE BEBO page

I thank you for your assistance in this matter and look forward to hearing from you in due course

Craig

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this was the reply I got from BEBO

Hello,

The official badge is used for larger name artists on Bebo. The reason for this is simply because the more well known the artist, the bigger the chance users are going to start fan pages for them.

The official badge is to distinguish which page is being run by the label/management/PR company of an artist, and which pages are being run by fans.

We understand that this might seem a little discriminatory against smaller names and unsigned acts, but that is truly not our intent. Thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards,
Bebo Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We understand that this might seem a little discriminatory against smaller names

WTF??????????????

Really? EVILE are a smaller name? Pfft, I don't think so, if anything EVILE re getting bigger, I am not taking this lying down, I have just fired off a response, lets see what they say

1106.gif

Ahh well man. Just label it as the official. Nothing you can do about stuff like this in these situations. Evile are a small name really in this situation. They're an uprising band, but this all all compared to bands like U2, Metallica, The Beatles then to bands of a smaller stage but still more popular, likes of Trivium and current popular bands.

I know Evile isnt really a small name in the metal scene as they are rising up very fast and have been VERY rapidly since 2005. But they're still quite small.

The only thing worth fighting for here is the cool gold bling on the page then haha, i jokes. But thatll surely be there with time.

Aye lads I agree with what you are saying but I have what is called FORESIGHT, I am thinking ahead and we all know that in the near future EVILE will be big, why else would all those major bands ask EVILE to support them, it's not because they are wee shitey bands but a band with a genuine chance of making an impact, but my real anger is the lack of proper assistance, I asked for their assistance not their judgement on where they think EVILE are on the music scene

I will guarantee an explosion of new fans after EVILE complete their 2 tours in the USA

Can you get where I am now?

Well, seeing as Craig was sent an automatic response and not so many people run bebo and they would have a lot of business to deal with, it could be harder than expected. If anything itll look a little silly crying for a little badge, as youve said its just a little badge so its not even worth the hassle.

Well, seeing as Craig was sent an automatic response and not so many people run bebo and they would have a lot of business to deal with, it could be harder than expected. If anything itll look a little silly crying for a little badge, as youve said its just a little badge so its not even worth the hassle.

Hmm, not quite as I said, lack of assistance is more what is annoying me, if they said something along the lines of

Dear Craig

I thank you for contacting BEBO customer services in relation to your enquiry of how to obtain the Official Gold bar for the band page that you are currently moderator for.

I would firstly would like to say that it is not possible at this moment in time as the official badge is only issued to the established bands whom would be more than likely to have fans creating fan pages in their name within the BEBO community, The official badge is to distinguish which page is being run by the label/management/PR company of an artist, and which pages are being run by fans.

As EVILE don't quite have the level of fan pages created to cause confusion of which is the official page, I am unable to assist you further in this regards, however should there be an upsurge of fan pages created in the near future, please don't hesitate to contact us again regarding this matter

I trust this is of assistance to you

Kindest Regards
BEBO team

Can you see the difference between the 2 replies, if I got that one I made up instead of the small band comment which really served no purpose as I said, it was assistance I was after not judgement

Well no i just added, i was replying to the post above yours when i said that. But it was an automated message or a template so theres nothing on a personal level or anything to worry about.

Well no i just added, i was replying to the post above yours when i said that. But it was an automated message or a template so theres nothing on a personal level or anything to worry about.

Ah right I see, the curse of not using the quote button, this is why I always quote so everyone can follow the correct convo

:heh:

Aye lads I agree with what you are saying but I have what is called FORESIGHT, I am thinking ahead and we all know that in the near future EVILE will be big, why else would all those major bands ask EVILE to support them, it's not because they are wee shitey bands but a band with a genuine chance of making an impact, but my real anger is the lack of proper assistance, I asked for their assistance not their judgement on where they think EVILE are on the music scene

I will guarantee an explosion of new fans after EVILE complete their 2 tours in the USA

Can you get where I am now?

Can you not just type 'Evile'?