fucking sick of this shit

brianhood

No Care Ever
I've been mixing and remixing this shit for the past 48 hours. I'm over it at this point and need some outside input.

I tried something a little different with the guitars and mic'd my newer mesa cab up with my SM7b. I thought gave it a pretty cool sound. All leads were through my older mesa cab with a Beta 57. Quite a bit different than my usual tone.

Give me your feedback.

So i'd like to say thank you to whoever downloaded this song(even though i had downloads disabled), then proceeded to post it to a share site. I got shit on by their label and management(deservingly so), and I will no longer be posting mixes on here for input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa Brian Hood!! You sent me tom samples like 2 years ago that I still use hahaha. Played it though my laptop speakers and it sounded pretty pro. Then hooked up my monitors and it still sounds dope.

Really like this mix.

SM7B is great for guitar cabs - it has that extra low-mid thickness if you don't mind the slight honk it has too.

The only thing I can say bugs me a bit is the guitars being a BIT too loud and dry, they sound right up in front over everything else, if that makes any sense.

I think the drum mix is really cool, and the vocals sound great, but the guitars sound off to me. They are pretty narrow sounding compared to the rest of the mix. In the busier parts, they're just kind of adding a melodic "note" to the kick. They are lacking the sparkle and air that are in a lot of your other tones and kind of sitting "low" in the speakers in and in headphones. The actual performances are great though.

I think the drum mix is really cool, and the vocals sound great, but the guitars sound off to me. They are pretty narrow sounding compared to the rest of the mix. In the busier parts, they're just kind of adding a melodic "note" to the kick. They are lacking the sparkle and air that are in a lot of your other tones and kind of sitting "low" in the speakers in and in headphones. The actual performances are great though.

i think soundcloud is pretty shitty.. like 128 kbps

i love the mix brian :kickass:

The mix sounds great. Minor nitpicking: the guitars get a bit congested sounding in the more "massive" parts, like at the change at 0:48->. So I'd do some surgical eq'ing personally.

I agree with this.
I was trying to pick up what it is about the guitars. the mix is fucking fantastic, but the guitars just seem a little empty compared to other mixes with that specific sound.

I do like the guitar tone itself, but it seems to get lost in the mix.

Love this mix. Listening on headphones and everything sounds good. Would maybe bring the guitars up a bit or do a little bit more eq on them, they get a bit lost in parts with a lot going on. But besides that it sounds awesome.

Through my speakers the guitars sound a tad thin at the start but then its fine after.

But dayum.......I'd give both my nuts to create a mix like that, jesus....

Same here, same here....

My band wants me to record our first full length album and I'm honestly feeling that I'm not worthy of it. I just don't/can't get HUGE sounding, slamming mixes...they always sound 2D and lifeless. :(

Had to delete it due to little fuckers spreading the track around on facebook.

People honestly FUCKING suck! This used to be a place we could share a work in progress, get advice and not have to worry about people spreading something that is unreleased. Guess they ruined that one.