Fucking squatters..

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
I've been trying to sell my place for months now in a dead UK real estate market. Now I've come home today to see that the empty house a few doors up from me is infested with dreadlocked hippie squatters. The front garden is covered with rusted cars and shitty caravans and they've even put a poster outside highlighting the law on "Squatter's Rights".

Fucking great. I've already dropped the price of my place twice, and now it's gonna be easier to sell frozen shit on a stick in wintertime...

Any suggestions for legal ways I can make life as uncomfortable as possible for these scumbags?

:yell:

Pipe bombs. Fill them with coloUrful bits so as to make them happy, hippie, and legal.

So UK real estate is down right now, eh? Hmm... *scratches nutsack, chin, and forehead (yes I have 3 hands)*

Go over there and tell them stories about all those "satanists from Norway" you signed to your record label years back, and try to make it look like you're some sort of "devil worshipper" yourself.... and if they want to join you... you're fucked. :loco:

UK real estate market is dead? Why, because nobody can afford the ludicrous prices?

My sister just sold her house in London to move to Salisbury, and she's looking at spending the same amount in Salisbury as she would have in London. The UK makes no sense -- how dare a place like Salisbury be as expensive as London? It's not right, and it's not British! :loco:

nosex.jpg

JayKeeley said:
UK real estate market is dead? Why, because nobody can afford the ludicrous prices?

My sister just sold her house in London to move to Salisbury, and she's looking at spending the same amount in Salisbury as she would have in London. The UK makes no sense -- how dare a place like Salisbury be as expensive as London? It's not right, and it's not British! :loco:

Salisbury's definitely one of the nicer places to live, but it's not too close to London prices. I guess it depended where in London she was from though. Or how much bigger the place in Salisbury is. There are cheaper areas in London but they're cheaper for a very good reason :)

The only places outisde of London that are comparable in price are maybe Henley-on-Thames, Marlow, Gerrards Cross, Cobham, etc. Stockbroker commuting areas like that.

She moved from Wimbledon to Salisbury (primarily because her 11 year old just got accepted into a grammar school down there, plus they needed more space). She's going to commute into London everyday. So yeah, they might be getting a slightly bigger place, but it still doesn't make sense to me that the prices are still so high.

When it exploded in the late 90's, I knew people in their 30's not only having to share a place, but move to places like Luton or Watford. What a disgrace. And of course salaries remained consistent with what they were in the mid-90's.

Oh well, if it's of any consequence, it's just as ridiculous in the USA (except squatters have no rights here as far as I know). But then, you can point guns at people here (with real bullets). I'd say it's slightly more effective than harsh language and letters from your local MP. :loco:

Cambridge is usually a similar price to London.. Most of East Anglia is stupidly expensive as well, from what I've been lead to understand.

Anyway, on the squatters, is the landlord getting a court order to move them? If you call the police and there is still evidence that they broke in they can be chucked out immediately without the hassle of a court order...

Atlas Shrugged said:
Except substitute "Elitist discs" for "Especially Like Sloth" :loco:
PSST!!! Lee_B is the dude behind Elitist, hence the joke.

But yeah, that would work too. :loco:

Russell said:
Especially if they were on speed :loco:

Did anyone hear that someone "leaked" the "new NIN", but it was in fact ELS

:tickled:

hahahah yes I read all about that on the vendlus forums, funny stuff :tickled:

That is fucking awesome, I'll bet a bunch of NIN fanboys freaked out.

Two weeks from tomorrow! :kickass:

You bastard!!! :loco:

I heard the samples, but only listened to once because I didn't want to spoil it. Sounded like a much more involved version of Quick Fix to me. Guess I'll find out on SIX / SIX.

I'm guessing it will be leaked in the next few days; ZT has a promo, so the distribution company must have sent theirs out too (I got mine from the Trickster) - that means there are now quite a few out there.

That said, I'm still absorbing it, it's pretty dense. There are some similarities to A Quick Fix, but also quite a few differences too...

lee i can send you some especially likely sloth cds, that will scare them away! or make them fans. either way ill be very happy if you videotape it haha.

btw that emperor vinyl is resting nicely on my mantle :)

edit: vendlus records wasnt involved with that nin trickery. Although its very funny and i think it made some fans.