Fucking Virus'

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
i got some stupid virus thats made it so i cant open any MP3's or look at any pictures and scans ive saved, this is really annoying. anyone i cant go back in time BUT i can hopefuly get rid of it, so anyone know any free virus scan thingys i can d/l from the net? i know theres some free ones out there and i need one. thanks

Originally posted by VultureCulture
try McAffee (search via google, don't know the exact url)
and good luck!

thanks but its shit, i got Norton now, BUT i also got some cool free virus protecter that got rid of the virus, so you should all download it for the safety of your computer, remember its completely FREE http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm

so download now. or your computer will get fucked!!! it found 5000 infected files on my PC!!! thats a lot of files...

its really annoying, turns out the virus deleted something from the files so i cant ever open them :mad: thats just MP3's and pictures though, but its still very annoying. anyway im never getting a virus again, anti-virus runs around the clock.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
would you get over it already? ive lost hardware and serious amounts of cash on a virus and you are whining about a couple of songs and pics you can download again? its nothing.

:lol: someones really pissed off, anyway i lost 5000 files, and i deleted loads before that, so its more like 6000 files.

When first got my computer I got infected with a virus. I wound up having to reboot my entire system and use the emergancy disk to restore the system to the way it was when I bought it. Luckily I only had the computer for about a week and easily downloaded all the files I lost again. :D

i remember the good ol' commodore times when you had dozens of different viruses on your disks, but oddly enough, they never did any harm to me or my data... this yet has to happen

A virus isn't always made by another person. Sometime it's bug in a program or someones programming (accidental) that can perform its task incorrectly and affect data on your disks.

Is it just the MP3's and the pictures that were infected? Or is it everything? If it's everything then you just have to tell it what programs to open the files in. If you're running Windows 95/98 (Not sure about the newer stuff) Just go to "View" up the top and choose "Folder Options". The third tab in that window has all the file associations on your computer, so if a file is running on the wrong program or you can't run a program because the files are used by another program, it's here that you can edit/delete/add file associations.

I have come across several viruses because I download a lot of stuff. When I had my older computer, which I am using now because I gave it to my mom and am at her house using it, I got a virus and had to reinstall Windows 98. It was not a fun task trying to fix it. I bought Norton Systemworks shortly after that and upgraded the virus definitions on a regular basis and had no problems. When I got my new computer, I started using Norton Anti-Virus 2001. I recently installed XP and had to install Norton Anti-Virus 2002. I think Norton is a great anti-virus program that catches the latest viruses as soon as they come out.

Blackspirit, I used to be that way too until I lost all of my files. :( I keep my virus definitions updated all the time now. So, I kind of went from one extreme(not worrying) to the other(updating all the time.) :p

uh, bad mistake.

virus is always man-made, although there are polymorph viruses which reprogram themselves in order to evade anti-virus-programs and the like. now these are nasty little fuckers, and their creators must be all the like.

then there's bugs which simply are errors in a program. they may cause system crashes etc. but don't usually harm other files except those they're working with (too bad if these are system files).

however, chain mails for example are viruses as well, but without a program! usually viruses spread themselves (via email etc), but in this case people are made to believe it would benefit them to send this mail to as many recipients as possible. so they manually spread the virus which isn't a virus after all... but it steals time from those who read it (@ work) and so costs an considerable amount of money...

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
Blackspirit, I used to be that way too until I lost all of my files. :( I keep my virus definitions updated all the time now. So, I kind of went from one extreme(not worrying) to the other(updating all the time.) :p

I know, that's what I'm scared of....
I think I'll install norton,
but first I'll reinstall XP! >:eek:P