fuggin ddrum triggers

I was going to start using these since our drummer is endorsed by ddrum. Maybe I'll just have to stick to microphones.

Sounds like a DIY trigger solution would almost be better than investing in these production models. All you would need is some cable, the piezo elements, maybe some type of housing (OR LOTS OF TAPE!!!?) and your pretty much set right?

i own a set of ddrum triggers. within probably the first week of owning them i popped out the little cable housing and disconnected the wires. First off, they are a tight fit, which isn't a bad thing, you just have to be careful i guess. But the damn things weren't tightened out-of-the-box so it just slipped out. Soldering obviously fixed it in a heartbeat. That's the only issue i have had.

Ps. i have waay too hot of a signal from my kick trigger (not sure if it's common). any suggestions on the best way to bring it down BEFORE my preamp (interface preamp)?

idk those Roland triggers look cheap in the pics. but i might just have to go with your word on this one. (thank god i found this thread, i was just about to buy some Ddrum Pros..)

I was talking to the drummer in my band the other day and he was fucking pissed that his ddrum kick trigger had snapped in half after like two months of usage. Like, 2-3 times a week rehersal usage.

OUr drummer has had the same ddrum kick trigger for over 10 years (got it when he was 13). It looks like shit, and the blue foam on the end with the trandsucer is smashed to about 1/3 it's normal size, but it works. Our old drummer has had a set of ddrum pros for the 2 years he played with us...I've owned a set and used them on a few projects and had no problems at all...I don't get it?

Never had a problem with my DDdrum Pro's yet, and if they do go wrong it would only take a minute or two to resolder wires to the piezo. If you can resolder a guitar lead then you should be able to sort out your triggers. You all do fix your leads instead of just buying new ones dont you?

Never had a problem with my DDdrum Pro's yet, and if they do go wrong it would only take a minute or two to resolder wires to the piezo. If you can resolder a guitar lead then you should be able to sort out your triggers. You all do fix your leads instead of just buying new ones dont you?

I usually just take mine back and get a replacement, Planet Waves have a lifetime guarantee...

bought the cheapass pulse red hots.....LOVE THEM!!!

is this sarcasm? or are they actually alright? i understand for that price there arnt really many complaints to be had, but am seriously interested in buying a set just to fuck about with if there half decent.

jam

What about these then? http://www.thomann.de/fi/tdrum_trigger_set_komplett.htm

I've been thinking about that pack, it'd be easy to haul that kit + a bunch of condensers and record the hits and using e.g. Superior for the sounds. Most drummers I've recorded with have such shitty kits... Our drummer is a good example, he's got a bunch of good cymbals but his kit is a Tama Swingstar with very old heads.

They're Thomann's copy of the DDrum Pro's. According to Andy they're exactly the same except for the black finish. I might pick some of these up as I have a drummer with 4 tom's coming in and another session with a guy who has 4 toms and 2 snares, so could do with a couple more triggers.