Full-blown VCC mix (Ola's Song3)

Nov 25, 2011
Posted this mix already on Ola's Mixing time, Song3-thread but thought to give it some more promo VCC wise. Greatest plugin of all time.

All channels including Neve emulation + mixbuss has also RC-tube on top of everything. 4 x oversampling on all channels. First mix in my new studio with lots of new acoustic treatments. First time I feel shit translates to other systems!! :kickass:

Thanks to Ola for the song, Slate for the VCC and rest of you for any comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! Flattered that you were inspired by my stuff.

You're getting the vibe/attitude right, which is half the battle, but as mentioned the mix is a bit dull. The issue with using saturation like VCC across all tracks and busses is that you tend to build up that analog 'veil', which is a really cool thing, but you really need to dime your high-end back in to get the clarity and air happening again. The mix on the whole just needs more separation, more spectrum 'Tetris' if you will.

Keep working at it, and make sure to reference a lot. After a while you'll get a feel for how much separation between elements feels 'right'.

Not sure if you own Ola's 'Rejects' album with this song on it, but you can reference my & Ola's mix of the song from there, if you'd like. It may be a more direct reference.

I agree on the dullness but it sounds tight and solid! I like that.

Am I the only one who thinks the singer sounds a bit like Devin's most badass screams? Holy shit I'd like to be able to get that type of scream.