Full Katatonia/opeth European Tour Dates

Am i the only one to notice that they're not playing in scandinavia!?

yeah, loads of people say that on the opeth forum, but this is opeths first time in london for 5 years, and katatonia have only done one tour of london earlier this year and that was only 3-4 dates!!! its a long wait. but you may be lucky, opeth/Katatonia might come over to you next year with an extra special tour or something, so dont feel too down yet.

Well I just heard about the Katatonia/Opeth tour. Sounded great. But why the hell are they leaving out countries like Norway, Sweden and Denmark! I live in Oslo and I've not had the opertunity to see Katatonia live. Something I've been looking forward to for over 2 years now. This sucks!

Then it's God Forbid for me :s
Shame on me, but what kinda music do they make anyway?

[edit]
I just read some reviews of their debut (Determination?) and their style doesn't seem to fit musically. I've to wait and see I guess.

No, they don't fit. I saw them open up for Opeth here in the U.S. They are just metalcore.. which is really "big" with the hardcore scene here in the US. It's just like rhythm based watered down Swedish melodies and bad vocals.. and annoying riffs (in my opinion). Totally built on aggression %100..

I guess Century Media is really pushing them though.. Novembre is also on Century Media, and its strange they are only giving them half of this tour which is so perfectly suited for them.. guess they don't value them as much as their lame metalcore. oh well.

Only my opinions..

Originally posted by my dying groom
Then it's God Forbid for me :s
Shame on me, but what kinda music do they make anyway?

[edit]
I just read some reviews of their debut (Determination?) and their style doesn't seem to fit musically. I've to wait and see I guess.

i saw god forbid at the kingston peel Hardcore all-dayer with Stampin' Ground being the main band. i thought although god forbid started slow they got better although i thought their last song (a cover song) was their best :rolleyes: , they certainly dont fit in with opeth but then who does? its like the katatonia concert in june, where Akercocke supported, they were completely different and it was upsetting most people had come to see Akercocke not the main band Katatonia, although im sure their ears got a great katatonic cleaning:) , if you like God Forbid check out Stampin' Ground, they are about 14 times better:) and their live performance is the best ive seen, the Stampin' Ground singer tells half the crowd to go to one side and half to the other side and when he says tells them to run into each other, great fun.

they certainly dont fit in with opeth but then who does?

Novembre :p

...the Stampin' Ground singer tells half the crowd to go to one side and half to the other side and when he says tells them to run into each other, great fun.

Ouch! :yow:
Well, I'd love to see that, but don't want to be a part of it.

:lol: he he,i think i forgot to mention about the hardcore dancing..., but i'll just tell you another time. Stampin' Ground also do the circle a lot where you are told to run around in a circle arms flying and in opposite directions. :D

:eek:
I've never witnessed a hc-concert, my nearest experience to this is a guy who performed some flying elbow drops onto the peace-loving crowd of an Apocalyptica gig :lol:
Of course I've seen (and participated in) a couple of heavy mosh pits, but this hc-form of organized chaos apparently beats it all.

well, what you do is swing your arms round in a windmill style really fast (the Knuckledust/BDF vocalist is really good and quick at this) whilst do round house kicks repeatedly, at first you may think the bloke is drunk/high :lol: . but its really fun, just make sure you dont get beaten up:lol: .