Full lenght album mastering! Paid Job!

Oh... OK then. I´m really looking forward to Lasses master. I´ll ask James too. It´s gonna be a blind test, so everybody has the same chances.

hey man! any chance on a higher bitrate?
with 16 bit were losing a lot of the subtle things in the mix (like ambience and so on)

24 bit would be cool.

hey man! any chance on a higher bitrate?
with 16 bit were losing a lot of the subtle things in the mix (like ambience and so on)

24 bit would be cool.

Hey Danny!

That would be no problem of course, but I want that the testmasters are comparable and I don´t want to force everyone to do a second master... Could you do the testmaster in 16 bit? When you get picked, you´ll get 24-bit files of course! ;)

Hey Danny!

That would be no problem of course, but I want that the testmasters are comparable and I don´t want to force everyone to do a second master... Could you do the testmaster in 16 bit? When you get picked, you´ll get 24-bit files of course! ;)

haha, for sure i can ;-)

MASTER (MAX)

MASTER (LOUD)

i have a LOUD and a MAX version, i still like the max version,
but the loud is cool too. both are loud enough in my opinion.
equipment used : uad manley massive passive, fatso, cambridge eq.

its a tough one, this mix has great potential but would really shine
if we had stems for mastering. its not hard to get the mix sounding great,
but then the harsh vocals get in the way. it would even be cool
to have instrumental + vox.
but i think with drs, bs, git, vox stems we could really give you eargasms , haha.

would that be an option ?

btw. did you mix/record that song ? great work! love the guitars!

Maybe I´ll ask James too.

thanks, but no thanks guys... i'm simply far too busy to spend any time test-mastering on spec for a forum "contest"... i have paid my dues and the quality of my work speaks for itself, so please... you can either hire me based on your opinion of my work and how you may think it fits your music, or don't.

anyone wanting me to master a project for them pays the quoted fee and then i master one track and send it to them for their approval. after sending the test-master i make any changes that may be requested with which i agree. if i disagree with requested changes, i will not make them... and at such an impasse i would issue a refund, less 10% for my time thus far.

to date, 14 years into mastering professionally, i have never yet had to issue a refund on my mastering services... and i master anything from 15 to 30 CDs per year.

best of luck gents, thanks for thinking of me all the same.

thanks, but no thanks guys... i'm simply far too busy to spend any time test-mastering on spec for a forum "contest"... i have paid my dues and the quality of my work speaks for itself, so please... you can either hire me based on your opinion of my work and how you may think it fits your music, or don't.

anyone wanting me to master a project for them pays the quoted fee and then i master one track and send it to them for their approval. after sending the test-master i make any changes that may be requested with which i agree. if i disagree with requested changes, i will not make them... and at such an impasse i would issue a refund, less 10% for my time thus far.

to date, 14 years into mastering professionally, i have never yet had to issue a refund on my mastering services... and i master anything from 15 to 30 CDs per year.

best of luck gents, thanks for thinking of me all the same.

I totally understand your reaction and thought you would feel this way. I just thougt it wouldn´t hurt to ask you.

No problem!

@Danny: Stems are of course an option and I would do that for sure!
Yeah I recorded and mixed the song, thank you very much! Guitars are quad tracked 6505 - rectifier - rectifier - 6505

Greetz!

with these shootouts/comparisons/contests it's always smart to just make it as loud as possible, cause that's what'll be most apparent.
pretty sure the loudest master will be chosen, although it might actually be sonically far inferior to a slightly quieter master.

with these shootouts/comparisons/contests it's always smart to just make it as loud as possible, cause that's what'll be most apparent.
pretty sure the loudest master will be chosen, although it might actually be sonically far inferior to a slightly quieter master.

Loudness war sacrifices some fine audio quality...

We´re a little more picky than that.... I already listened to most masters with my band and as soon as a very loud master came, they all said: Snare gets lost. NEXT! I´m a bit proud of my bandmembers for this :lol:

That's prbably true most of the time. That's why I didn't listen to any of the other masters before doing mine. I always want to see what's the best that I can get out a song without feeling it's a competition. I go to the level that I feel works best for the mix and if it's louder than some others that's cool, if it's not, then so be it.

That's prbably true most of the time. That's why I didn't listen to any of the other masters before doing mine. I always want to see what's the best that I can get out a song without feeling it's a competition. I go to the level that I feel works best for the mix and if it's louder than some others that's cool, if it's not, then so be it.

I specifically asked for a not too smashed master in my initial post. The bands which are recording at my place always want pretty loud masters, and I end up sacrificing sound quality... Which is really fucked up.