Fun with Metal!

Jnr's been quiet the last few days I was just trying to write a good headline for Blabber! :p

Yeah I agree. To a large degree I don't even know that brand matters when it comes to images of Dave. If it's not a V it's just not Dave.

Reactions: redfly
That's true and maybe it will serve as a life lesson for the guy. I wouldn't have thought he's need the reminder that everything on the net hang around to bite you but hopefully he wont make the news again for it.

Can Gibson do it? :)

I don't suppose he's going to be the face of Megadeth for interviews anymore. I keep thinking about what he said about Megadeth meetings with management and things. He said, as long as he's in the room with Mustaine, everyone knows it's going to be alright. I think that perspective may change. They'll all be thinking about it lol.
When this happened I was thinking what a bunch of bullshit it would be if he got fired for this, and I still do. But the longer this goes on the more I might understand it. No one wants a laughing stock in their band. Imagine playing a festival or whatever and someone holds up a big Jnr wanks it sign!

Yes they can! If they start using a Floyd Rose bridge with a locking neck.

Reactions: Slammed
Given there appears to be no illegal activity I figured the press had forgotten the story and it was only gossip mongers still talking (as opposed to joking which I doubt will ever stop) about it. But I see today there was an article about him killing his instagram account. I don't blame him for doing it and I'm sure it was festered with shitty comments but if he'd have left it it wouldn't have made the news. The media will bite on this bait any chance they get and the internet trolls will keep feeding if the media keep producing. Sadly I agree I think this is going to hurt the Megadeth brand eventually if they can't stop it now. I don't want to see Jnr fired for it but either he bites the bullet now and gets everything out there and it's over or this shit never stops and being in the band will be a problem.

Have they got a V shape for him?

Well he can't have Rhoads guitar. They need to make him his own style. Dammit Gibson get to it and give Dave what we want!!

I don't think he's said yay or nay on it. I seem to remember just after the announcement that he was going to Gibson there was a comment that they were re-recording some of the guitars and doing the solos and fills on the new record but there was no mention about doing it with the new guitars.

He did say at the time he was re-doing some parts of the album and that was another delay, but he didn't say he wanted to redo things with a Gibson. Maybe he knew what Jnr had done and was redoing all the bass parts :)

We really need a postive update on the new album, it's been a while since Dave said anything.

Yeah,I didn’t pay much attention that because of all the Ellefson stuff, even before his “scandal “.
He absolutely does, it’s way overdue for where they should be at at this point.

Reactions: Slammed
I remember frowning every time I saw another Jnr story because like Charlie Benate his efforts to describe the new album were making it sound worse with each description. Snr has kind of remained on track with his descriptions but he seems to keep moving the goal posts. Each new interview with Snr over the last 6 months or so (and there hasn't been too many) seems to suggest backwards steps. I remember back about Christmas he was talking about mastering, then there was the Gibson thing and then there was recording the solos and fills etc. I may not have been in the studio as much as Dave has but I've always thought it was easier (and logical) to lay down the fills and solos before mastering. So either I'm wrong or Snr went backwards. Maybe old age is creeping in....for Dave :)

If Charlie comes out in the next interview claiming their new album sounds like a Prog Metal album we know everything's dead!