Funeral

bowelripper

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2002
Norway
home.no.net
Hello everybody!

In 1995 a band called Funeral recorded a demo. The line-up was: Eric Cutler on guitar, John Shafer on drums, and Steve Digiorgio on bass.

Has anybody ever heard this recording? I'm very interested in obtaining it. I've tried a couple of times before, but with no luck.

Steve: You said you don't want to be associated with it anymore, why is that?

Could you possibly put it out as MP3's (at a secret location, of course)? :)

Regards,
Bowel Ripper

Funny you should mention that. I've located a copy of the demo on cd. So when I get a hold of it (my manager has it, and wants some collateral for it!), I'll post the songs. Yes, if I can, all of it! And was it 95? Hmmm, what a weird period for me. Anyway the lineup was Eric Cutler, John Shaffer (the drummer from Hexx, not the Iced Earth guy), me and this guy Aaron (or Erin, not sure) I don't know what happened to him. But he did most of the vocals and I think Eric did one song on vocals. It's total death metal ala Autopsy style. A bit faster, but brutal. I'm not sure I said I didn't want to be assosiated with it, well whatever I said - who cares!

This was one of those odd recordings I did that I'm starting to make available on the website now. The first was the song I did with Pattiman, then Funeral. Then I'll see when that LD/50 demo I did (with Glen Avalias, Jeremy Coulson and Clark Brown) is done...I'll get those songs posted too.

SDG

This is good to hear! I'm anxious to listen to it, so I'm looking forward to those MP3's! If it's Autopsy-style death metal, then it would be strange if you did not want to be associated with it! I think you said so a couple of years back, when I asked for it. But as you said, who gives a shit! I have no idea when it was recorded, but I actually still have the emails from you when we corresponded back in 1996, there you say "last year".

Well, thanks for taking time on this one!

B.R.

Oh man, this sounds interesting. I guess I've never really heard Steve do "brutal" death metal. I haven't gotten around to getting the Quo Vadis record and his two Death records aren't so much brutal as progressive/technical. If SDG has time to post this stuff, I would really appreciate and be interested, but I wouldn't hold my breath, dude- this here Hippie is in demand.

Selvfølgelig...hvor lang tid vil det ta? Jeg vet ikke...!

I am in possession of the Funeral demo cd. I will have some or all the songs posted on my website. But first it's needs a facelift and an upgrade. And I know this is the ultimate cop-out, but it's true...I'm working on it!

Vi sees,
SDG

Selvfølgelig...hvor lang tid vil det ta? Jeg vet ikke...!

I am in possession of the Funeral demo cd. I will have some or all the songs posted on my website. But first it's needs a facelift and an upgrade. And I know this is the ultimate cop-out, but it's true...I'm working on it!

Vi sees,
SDG

Så finn det ut, da! Haha.

Talas,
BR

I have the complete demo cd. I want to post it all on my website along with the LD/50 demo songs we did a few years ago. I have a version with vocals that I'm not sure Glen would approve of, but c'mon, it's gettin' old. I love the songs and the vocals and think more people should hear it. I wouldn't post the LD/50 against Glen's wishes because I know that when DJ finished some of the vocals the songs went out on some other website. And as far as the Funeral, I have no idea if it ever was online or what. I think Aaron was putting it out back when it was first finished, but I'm not sure to what extent it ever got heard. But...

I don't know how to get those cd's online. I was trying to have someone help me put them on my website, but I've been looking to redesign it for a long time. So if anyone knows of someone that can set up and help me maintain my website please let me know. I am not looking for something crazy, just pretty mundane, more to the simple side. Mostly because of functionality, but also I don't want to pay a lot for it.

SDG