Funniest album cover ever thread

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
While I sit here and wait for my very, VERY late friends, so I can get my ass to the Metalfest, I decided we needed a thread with funny album covers, even though the vast majority of them will unintentionally be hilarious, which makes them even funnier! Anyway...

My contribution:

thousandsword_gross.jpg

That's fucking funny! It's broad daylight! In a forest! And this goofball (yes Dreamlord, I realize that's your beloved Rob Darken) is wearing full "armour" and corpsepaint! :lol:

markgugs said:
That's fucking funny! It's broad daylight! In a forest! And this goofball (yes Dreamlord, I realize that's your beloved Rob Darken) is wearing full "armour" and corpsepaint! :lol:

The Pagan Trinity shall spill your blood!

GRH025-Graveland_digipack-cover.jpg

neal said:
wow. with a cover like that, how could it not be cheesy bad production shitty black metal?
-neal

Hey, I only said the COVER was funny. The music fucking owns, and it's hardly "cheesy bad production shitty black metal." That honor is reserved for your beloved The Kovenant.

phyre said:
Well, there's certainly nothing wrong with any of those elements (corpsepaint, armour, forest, daylight) by themselves. But combining them all is maybe a tad... Uh, whatever, here goes, the solo project of Capricornus from, surprise, Graveland:

"The Fate Worse Than Death", click for full size.

HOLY SHIT!!! this is the funniest album cover ever...what the fuck was he thinking!

Clearly you guys have never heard of the blackest Czech BM horde...

006.jpg

"We hate today's sweet keyboards-based bands. It is not true Black Metal, it is sweet shit. Keyboards are good for disco-music. It was a shame to use it in Metal in old times. And female vocals? We prefer to use mouths of girls for totally different activities..."

markgugs said:
into_glory_ride_cover.jpg

Funniest. Album Cover. Ever. And yes, I snagged this from a German website, go figure.

I'm not sure, it's a tough battle for funniest, but this one definitely wins the "most blatantly homosexual" award

("not that there's anything wrong with that" :p )

Demonspell said:
How can anyone forget Immortal's Battles In The North? (sorry Dreamlord, again...) :)

No worries. I agree. That cover deserves all the scrutiny coming its way. :)

markgugs said:
@phyre: Good one! I remember buying that on cassette and my mother smacking me in the face when I showed her!

Hey, I got Fistful Of Metal on cassette also, sweet :cool: my parents know to stay well away from my music though :)

Shit me, now, where to start...you think Into Glory Ride's a funny cover? Go find a copy of Anthology ;) at the end of the day, though, ManOwaR reign uber alles! :headbang:

I love these BM album covers. Anyone seen the cover of The Older Ones by Old Funeral? Four loons suffering from constipation at a fancy dress party held in the forests. I'd love to find out which one is Varg Vikernes...and who's the dude who looks like The Hives' singer.

Anyway, here's my cover:

...which I'm only attatching cos I find the one I REALLY want to attatch :( and it's too big anyway. Bugger!