FuSoYa et al: CAVE IN this saturday?

i have actually never heard cave in, so i dunno about 12 bucks on one of their shows. especially considering saturday is the equinox and i want to go to this megalith in CT where they have a wall built of quartz that a beam of light is supposed to shine through.

i heard their new album was iffy..."puddle of mudd-ish", even...but ive heard a handful of their old stuff and i liked it. even the hardcore stuff (of which you, toby, heard one track, recall?)

actually tomorrow night im going to go to newbury comics and try to buy some CDs instead of tickets (since there's that free-ticket-with-purchase-of-CD thing). if i fail, credit card!

a. that does not surprise me at all to know andy was in cave in. in fact i would have anticipated that somewhere along the line the cave in guys and one of the kytes would somehow have crossed paths.

b. I would be interested in hearing their album to hear this new direction. i mean they are on the cover of the new boston phoenix.

i have been interetsed in maybe seeing whats up in the providence scene once i get some more money in the bank. Nicholas Kyte was telling me that there is a hip art space that showcases some cool bands down in providence and i am intrigued.

Yet you haven't heard the band? That's unsupportive of former band members' family members' former bands!

(Which is strictly scene and therefore poopy.)

Actually, you might like them. I dig them pretty severely and will be seeing them once they hit St. Louie April 3rd. Jupiter was definitely in my player around the time of writing stuff for that last ND record. not that i tried to rip anyone off...
plus i checked & the local store has the record on sale tomorrow for like $9. and yeah, that Newbury deal of a free ticket when you buy the cd is ultra cool. why can't they do that here?

greg- last yr for the New England fest me and my gf stayed in downtown Providence like 1 night. The Holiday inn I think- there was some Police tape wrapped round the hot tub, sort of like a scene in Lethal Weapon or something. Next to the Dunkin Donuts Center or something where they have non-NHL hockey or something. Providence seemed rather uneventful, possibly on par with Worcester. Does that sound right? I mean Worcester's got non-NHL hockey too (the minor league affiliate of the Blues actually- WORCESTER ICE CATS).

btw, what the hell is an ice cat?