FuSoYa et al: CAVE IN this saturday?

FuSoYa said:
no no i meant piebald was boston scene crap.
ah.

actually, i meant the act of 'being unsupportive of former...ablahblah' was scene. and i haven't heard any piebald, but i based my negative opinion of them strictly upon their logo- a system i find to be quite decent, within +/-0.1-2.3% accuracy.

chupe666 said:
i based my negative opinion of them strictly upon their logo- a system i find to be quite decent, within +/-0.1-2.3% accuracy.
Example:
monstrosity_logo.jpg

chupe666 said:
greg- last yr for the New England fest me and my gf stayed in downtown Providence like 1 night. The Holiday inn I think- there was some Police tape wrapped round the hot tub, sort of like a scene in Lethal Weapon or something. Next to the Dunkin Donuts Center or something where they have non-NHL hockey or something. Providence seemed rather uneventful, possibly on par with Worcester. Does that sound right? I mean Worcester's got non-NHL hockey too (the minor league affiliate of the Blues actually- WORCESTER ICE CATS).

btw, what the hell is an ice cat?

eric for the most part providence is kind of uneventful(and please don't anyone bring great white up at this juncture). However, i think with the influx of kids going to Brown and RISD, there is a small underground music scene which is starting to pick up. Also i think providence shares any of its music scene with worcester because of how close the two cities are.

FuSoYa said:
A not-so-distant cousin of a New Britain Rock Cat

much love for the HARDware city.

now there is a city with NO music scene.

toby do you remember the sports palace? i never went to a show there but byron and i were driving along broad street the other day and i remembered it used to be there somewhere i think.

first metal band to come to mind that i didn't like was mortician, but i actually kind of like their logo. i could probably think of a thousand bands worse than monstrosity tomorrow. monstrosity i probably don't like because when i saw them play live, the only song they played that got any sort of reaction was their cover of Angel of Death, which they closed with. actually, i haven't really paid enough attention to their music to form much of an opinion. but the logo is bad, and it sort of supported my illustration.

nine times out of ten if its a death metal band then i won't like them just bcause i get nothing out of listening to death metal with the only exception for me being Nile.

However, I do think Mortician has interesting album covers. I was actually very shocked and unsettled at the cover for "Chainsaw Dismemberment" which is something most run of the mill death metal album covers don't do for me.

chupe666 said:

i actually played a show with these guys about a half-year ago when they were in the St. Pete area. i think they broke up but they're not that bad of a D/M band. their singer can bang that head!:headbang: <-like that

update: by 5:20pm, they were out of tickets. by calling I saved myself about two and a half hours of travel and shopping time, I guess. so i will purchase tix with my visa!

and possibly have time for STARCRAFT tonight.

hm, i need to buy my tix for the st louis show soon i guess- although i know cave in sell out way quick in boston. but i don't wanna miss them here, and it's a kinda small club. saw them at the metro last oct or so and they were great- the place wasn't really packed at all, either, which surprised me. and then norma jean sells out in stl- doesn't make sense.

I thought it was good! The problems I have with the new album were generally replicated in the show, but I liked it overall. I just really blame shitty nu-metal bands for ruining certain song stylings for me forever.

Piebald was OK, and it was creepy how half the crowd sang along perfectly to their lyrics.

Also, Josh was late. I just wanted to note that and blame Ann.

thanks alex. i picked up a ticket today for their show here next thurs, just to make sure if it sells out i don't get screwed. i liked them live last oct- the lead guitarist played with a lot of energy, and i thought they sounded really good together- faithful to the records, and they pulled off a lot of the smaller elements you hear but don't expect them to do live. an occasional old tune (UYHS) would be good, just to add flavor to the set, but i dig the new stuff a lot.