FXpansion BFD Oblivion

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Hey guys!

Our official announcements are coming tomorrow, but I wanted to give you all a heads up on the latest pack coming out of FXpansion, BFD Oblivion. Aside from working at FXpansion, myself and Mike_fx are musicians, engineers, and metal enthusiasts. For a long time we've wanted to do a pack for BFD that would give us the sounds we look for in our day to day music. And this is it!

Check it out here and let us know what you think: http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=226

Feature requests and wishes for future packs are welcome too. We plan to do more of these! :)

bought this yesterday. this is a great sounding expansion! i think you can do every kind of metal with it!! it think it sounds more natural than the toontrack stuff although i like their stuff.... the only thing which should reworked is the interface of bfd 3. too much things you can do in superior drummer way faster. lets hope they´ll update this! :)

cheers
jens

bought this yesterday. this is a great sounding expansion! i think you can do every kind of metal with it!! it think it sounds more natural than the toontrack stuff although i like their stuff.... the only thing which should reworked is the interface of bfd 3. too much things you can do in superior drummer way faster. lets hope they´ll update this! :)

cheers
jens

What are you looking for exactly? I personally find BFD3 faster than Superior, but not as quick to get things 'done' in terms of songwriting. Everything has it's pro's and cons, but right now I think Superior is pretty antiquated - imho!

If you've got some suggestions I'll throw them back at the developers and see what they say.

hi drew,

thats great. ok, this are my ideas...

1. first i´d like to type in numerical data, maybe right clicking on a fader; this is quicker if i´d like to give all the room bleed a special number.

- in superior you have to click only once on a fader and you can type the value which makes it really quick to even out different slots.

2. if i am selecting 6 cymbals or 5 toms for example it would be awsome to have knobs and faders on the right side linked together for those 6 or 5 pieces. in this way adjusting the kick/snare bleed, general trim or the ambient mics can be done all in one move and isn´t that bugging as doing this for every piece.
the same could work on other parts as the tweaks page. linking knobs together, changing them together.
regarding the ambient mics it would be absolute fantastic if one could select different mics together and change them in a linked way, too.

- this kind of linking works in superior drummer in the kit view. you can select different objects via shift click and change the volume for them on the right in a connected way.

-- thats it at the moment.

thanks! :)

jens

What are you looking for exactly? I personally find BFD3 faster than Superior, but not as quick to get things 'done' in terms of songwriting. Everything has it's pro's and cons, but right now I think Superior is pretty antiquated - imho!

If you've got some suggestions I'll throw them back at the developers and see what they say.

for the songwriting you are right... i did a key map for the metal ez pack, but at the moment i have to redone it as bfd doesn´t automatically fills the missing slots when there´s no content. metal ezx has severeal cymbals if i use only 4 the other slots are quiet. maybe this is something the developer could work with too. it would make songwriting quick as you could use ez drummer for finding beats and play them with bfd.
those interchanging keymaps would be great to have a look at what package does the job best, AD, SD, BFD, Slate... I think I am not the only drum-sampler-slut on the market... :D

even i absolutely do not like the GUI (can't say that often enough haha)
i always thought that BFD was the best sounding drum VSTi,
i am seriously considering to ditch S2 and go back to BFD again.
though it looks like serious pain in the ass to work with it :lol: